The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Enkei rpf1 gold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw335ikt

Proven Member
Sep 23, 2015
Crown Point, Indiana
hey guys I’m looking at purchasing the Enkei rpf1 in gold. Just want to see what will work on my 2g eclipse gsx

They make a 17x8 in 45mm offset. I know this will prob work but would like a 18

They make the 18x8.5 with a 40mm offset
Will the 18 work just go with the 17. Thanks

I’m currently using gram lights 18x8.5 with a +37 offset. No rubbing but it’s close to the upper control arms maybe an inch or two.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

17x9 +45. Had to put a 10mm spacer to get it away from the knuckle. You should go with the +35 just in case. I'm pretty sure they had a +35 anyways. And this is a 245 RE71R tire. FYI the 9in wide won't fit Brembos in the front because of the way the spokes are.

Thanks for the info. Yea I have the brembos upfront and if the 9 won’t fit. Will the 18x8.5 fit the brembos and I think I might with the 18 If people say they fit. Thanks

17x9 +45. Had to put a 10mm spacer to get it away from the knuckle. You should go with the +35 just in case. I'm pretty sure they had a +35 anyways. And this is a 245 RE71R tire. FYI the 9in wide won't fit Brembos in the front because of the way the spokes are.

Kyle, looks like you're running a staggered setup with at least a 9" RPF1 in the rear and a 8.5" RPF1 up front? Have you done anything as far as changing the tire size on your staggered wheels to account for rolling diameter so you don't damage your VC?

Kyle, looks like you're running a staggered setup with at least a 9" RPF1 in the rear and a 8.5" RPF1 up front? Have you done anything as far as changing the tire size on your staggered wheels to account for rolling diameter so you don't damage your VC?

I was on a 9" square setup until the Brembos. Now the fronts are 17x8 and they clear the caliper because of the way the spoke bows out. The tires are the same size all the way around, I just had the front tires remounted onto the 8s. That should keep the same rolling diameter, correct?

Bmw, I don't know how the 18s will fit. What I did is go onto the Evo forums and see what they could fit over the caliper then make a decision on offset.

There are folks with 17x8.5 +35 offset rpf1s and Brembos in front that fit. On a +45 offset maybe not.Factory Evo 8 rims are 17x8 and fit no problems as well. Not to mention but they have 2 different spoke setups on the rpf1 rims as well.

Last edited:
For evo 8/9 brembo brakes
These probably all require rolling or even flares. And may require mods to the knuckles.

17×9.5 +18 clears on evos - confirmed yesterday
17x10 +18 clears on evos confirmed yesterday
18x10.5 +15 clears on evos - john freund ran this on his eclipse with modified knuckles fir clearance

For stock brakes I read in other posts on here. 17x9 +35 fits, i would love to know if they also would fit outlander brake setups. If they do then I know what's going on my red car.

Last edited:
I was on a 9" square setup until the Brembos. Now the fronts are 17x8 and they clear the caliper because of the way the spoke bows out. The tires are the same size all the way around, I just had the front tires remounted onto the 8s. That should keep the same rolling diameter, correct?

Bmw, I don't know how the 18s will fit. What I did is go onto the Evo forums and see what they could fit over the caliper then make a decision on offset.
FAKE NEWS ! There are folks with 17x8.5 +35 offset rpf1s and Brembos in front that fit. On a +45 offset maybe not.Factory Evo 8 rims are 17x8 and fit no problems as well. Not to mention but they have 2 different spoke setups on the rpf1 rims as well.
That's actually not fake news because, as you mentioned, the change in spoke design on the RPF1 between the 8.5" and 9" wheel regardless of the offset causes clearance issues on the front Evo Brembo caliper. There are countless threads over on the Evo forums regarding this same topic. Google - site:www.evolutionm.net 17x9 RFP1 clear Brembos

To run a 9" wide +35 RPF1 with Evo Brembos requires at least a 20mm spacer and extended studs on the front wheels.

That's actually not fake news because, as you mentioned, the change in spoke design on the RPF1 between the 8.5" and 9" wheel regardless of the offset causes clearance issues on the front Evo Brembo caliper. There are countless threads over on the Evo forums regarding this same topic. Google - site:www.evolutionm.net 17x9 RFP1 clear Brembos

To run a 9" wide +35 RPF1 with Evo Brembos requires at least a 20mm spacer and extended studs on the front wheels.

^^^What he said. :hellyeah:

The 17x9 fit on stock calipers but where the 17x8/8.5 spokes bow out it gives enough clearance for the Brembos. That's why I changed the fronts to 17x8. You can see the difference between spoke design in the picture I posted above.

And I can also confirm 17x10+18 fit no problem as far as clearing the large caliper.

Attachments

• IMG_20180313_191806213.jpg
    IMG_20180313_191806213.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 168

Thanks for the clarification I will edit. I have the 17x8.5 rpf1s Stoptechs going on the front so don’t anticipate a problem,I had assumed from seeing guys using 17x8.5s the 9s would have no issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back