The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Engine removal question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is there an easy way to remove the block without pulling or dropping the transmission? 7 bolt.
It has been done plenty of times, to say is it easy? Well about the same as pulling it as one unit. If you are going to leave the tranny in you will have to remove the crank pulley and alternator to get the room you need to pry the tranny away from the engine. But here is the big issue , its very difficult to get the engine back in with the tranny still in, especially if its not an automatic.

It has been done plenty of times, to say is it easy? Well about the same as pulling it as one unit. If you are going to leave the tranny in you will have to remove the crank pulley and alternator to get the room you need to pry the tranny away from the engine. But here is the big issue , its very difficult to get the engine back in with the tranny still in, especially if its not an automatic.

I would say it's near impossibe unless you pull the head off first then the block. Easiest way is to pull the whole thing as one unit.

I would say it's near impossibe unless you pull the head off first then the block. Easiest way is to pull the whole thing as one unit.
Well its not impossible I have done it a few time at the junkyard but you are definitely correct it is better to pull it as one unit for sure:thumb:

I would recommend pulling the engine and trans together. This way, you can make sure that everything is torqued properly and it is much easier to mate the trans and motor out of the car. There really is not much more work to do this. Check out the white 2g in my profile for removal pics.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back