The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Engine Harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPHunter

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2004
Winnetka, California
Can someone just confirm everything so another dumb a** person like me , doesn't buy 5 harnesses to realize none of them work...

90 turbo harness - 90 car only
91-94 Turbo Harness Manual - Manual specific , Will not connect under Dash to Auto
91-94 Turbo Harness Auto - Auto Specific , Will Not Connect under Dash to Manual

I know for a fact the 91-94 auto harness will work with a manual. You will just have a few extra connectors that don't do anything and will just hanging out. You will need to bridge the park/neutral switch wires to make the car start(can jumper at the connector or just splice the wires together. I actually converted my auto to a manual and used the exisiting harness. When I went nuts and tore everything out, I actually stripped down my engine harness and got rid of all the auto pieces.
The engine harness has very few things that actually integrate with the dash harness.
The manual harness will work in an auto, but obviously won't run the auto.
I'd highly recommend finding a harness from the 1g body you have; i.e. if you have a 91, get a 1ga.

It's the engine harness to body wiring harness that has two different connectors on the '91-'94 auto vs. manual.

One is on the driver side of the center console kick panel; it comes from the same loom as the ECU connectors: The 1990 Engine Control Wiring Harness - C67

The other is in the passenger side kick panel; it is part of the small branch coming through the firewall to the interior made up of three other connectors that actually connect to something (along with the O2 sensor check connector which is normally open): The 1990 Engine Control Wiring Harness - C58

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back