The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Engine Bay [Merged 7-7] cleanup clean up unclutter tidy neat

Does the engine bay look better?

• Yes, it looks MUCH better than stock.

Votes: 42 89.4%
  • No, it looks g@y, you should have kept it stock.

Votes: 5 10.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those are some Clean engines!!

Originally posted by bOOstd GSX
I mean thats cool and everything, but the majority of the 420A's (r/t neon engine if I'm correct) are just intake queens. I would rather have my 2.3L stroker anyways.:D
If this had a middle finger I'd flip you off, why you gotta hate the n/t's it's our choice not yours

This is one of those if you stare long enough a car will appear right????:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by a_scobel
This is the winner...stop looking!! No engine bay's cleaner than this one..belongs to TalonD27A.

26120DSM4.jpg

thats just too clean. very nice imo. what upper ic piping is that?

Ya i must agree, That is definitly one of the cleanest engines ive ever seen.. I wouldnt be suprised if he barely drives it.. If you look at the valve cover i bet you could see your reflection LOL

That girl in that picture looks like a midget, it's scary to look at her, kind of like looking at a circus clown

We all know that the one dudes engine bay is the cleanest, but it is still nice to see other peoples engine bay pics that are in contention, just to maybe spark an idea for someone else to do something to their engine bays to add some flava!:laugh:

BTW, i don't like the ralli art spark plug cover on a gsx, that's just my $.02 though....but it does match the scheme however.

and just wait till he blows a headgasket, he just has to clean more parts off!!! LOL!!!

yeah for a stock motor thats clean as hell i can see the reflection off the ec multi!! i hope all the crap comes off my motor this week when i clean it because its a wreck!! anyhow if u guys wanna give a few pointers on cleanin teh motor just post em id appreciate it. example :p

picture of motor
what u used to clean it!!

I'm not really sure is this is considered a non-performance mod but here goes anyways. What all can i take out of the engine bay to clean it up a little bit? Its really cluttered up and kind of a pain in the a$$ to work on sometimes. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

I just finished cleaning my cute little 1.8's engine bay. I know it's not the best job but it's a helluva lot cleaner than before. Please tell me what you think and tell me what I could do better. Thanks :dsm: :thumb: :dsm:

P.S. The guy that owned this car before me must have smashed the front end a little bit because you can tell he tried to bend some parts back to normal. Now they're a bit rusty.

Attachments

• 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 015-r.jpg
    94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 015-r.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 016-r.jpg
    94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 016-r.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 018-r.jpg
    94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 018-r.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 022-r.jpg
    94 Mitsubishi Eclipse 022-r.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 1,039
SleepingEclipse said:
pictures show up on my computer....and wow OMG that is friggin clean...how the heck did you manage that?? i wish mine could look like that for just a picture......wow.....
Thanks a lot! All I used was a heavy dose of simple green in a spray bottle, a hose (be careful), and a rag. *SSsshhhiiinnggg* :thumb: heh heh

Very clean, I was just about to do the same thing to my car! I haven't cleaned the engine bay since I've had it. Lol. What stuff did you use?

Damn thats clean looking. How did you do it? I can get mine clean but it still looks dull, not shiny like yours. I want to make mine sparkle too! :p

I know of the tire dressing trick. Tried it on my other car but didn't like that fact that everthing felt all greasy after. Tips! Need tips! :)

edit: ...I see you answered my question while I must have been typing up this reply. :p Simple green it is! I've also got that Mr Clean autodry thingy so I can use filtered water too :) no spots! At least that's my plan.

Jut make sure you rub really hard on those greasy spots. I went over my engine bay about 3 times before I was done.

i need to remove whatever i can from my engine bay and still have my car function properly..it looks to messy and i need to clean her up a little..any advice on what to take out besides the vacuum lines because those have already been taken out.

You can remove the unused solenoids that the old vac lines went to. I havent seen your engine bay so I dont know what is equipped with so I cant tell you what you can remove.

Here is a pic of mine but now I also have no power steering and my throttle cable has been run under the fuel rail. Im sure you can see how much I have cleaned mine up.

25683DSC00877.JPG

25683DSC00876.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back