The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Energy Suspension Bushing Feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavericktsi83

Proven Member
Sep 17, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Looking for feedback from those of you running the energy suspension bushings (master kit) on your 1g awd with the formula 5 prelube, ideally longterm. Are you experiencing any squeaking/binding? And how long have you had them installed (mileage/years)? Thanks!

I'm not exactly sure what the 'formula 5 prelube' is, but I used the pasty white stuff that came with the ES kits... it resembles tree sap, on a nice, hot day... it's quite nasty stuff!

I've been on my full 1g ES poly bushing set for over 75k & 12 years (roughly). No squeaking what so ever, to date :thumb: I think it all comes down to the installation... if you evenly coat both the ID & OD of each bushing as well as the pilot bushing, you should be good to go. They firmed up the suspension considerably, and well worth the PITA of installing them IMHO

on my 2g, they squeak when its cold outside

I've been running full kit ES bushing on my 2G & I've not had any squeaking/binding. Installed them about 14 years ago & it my DD. I just used the ES grease & followed the directions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back