The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Enabling SD Operation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turtlebain

10+ Year Contributor
May 16, 2012
Rochester, New_York
Wired AEM 5-Bar MAP sensor and GM IAT into the stock harness about a week ago. I had some issues to take care of in the fuse box region. And just today got to get into link and select these sensors in the ECU.

Problem is, the IAT is reading -40 deg. F and the MAP is reading -13 in. Mercury. The MAP appears to be fluctuating slightly but the temp seems to be pegged right there, what could cause this to be happening?

Is there a switch (check box) in link to "enable SD operation?" What did I miss?

I don't know if i'll be able to post a log before work..

this is the vacuum source
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Idk what it was originally hooked up to. However this AM before work I messed around with it a bit I hadn't chosen SD for MAF setting.

Hopefully this fixes the issue I'll check later tonight.

Do you happen to know where to get an initial tune (efficiency table) To work off ?

Start with the tune the car had in it before SD enabled. My car started first try after a year long rebuild and before, it had a MAF, but now has SD. It wasn't perfect, but it started and ran. Just my results and I am still in tune mode but I had no problems. I am sure some others will chime in. Did you tell ECM Link where your sensors were now being input (Baro for the MAP for example?).

Problem is it wasn't tuned before, had electrical issues, didn't nail it down before removing the MAF to sell and wiring in SD.

Yes I assigned AEM 5-bar to MDP pins and GM IAT to factory temp pins.

I was more Talking about a VE table to start off with I've heard of others starting with a VE from a similar setup to start off with.

Anything on this guys? I'm about to head home and give it a quick once over.

Guys any reasonable explanation of the -40 IAT and -13 MAP?

What is everyone doing for VE tables to start? Is this question more one for the link forums?

Yeah, I was going to do that too.

Sure Tony Penza, I'll PM you, but I'll be away for a few days.

OK, here's a log

Attachments

• log.2015.09.07-01.elg
    14.2 KB · Views: 46
Your IAT should read ambient temp to start, like mine and the MAP sensor should read zero when the car is off so you may have not told link the correct input points. Check the Wiki's on ECMLink to be sure they are correct. Check them here:

http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/sdsetup

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Still having issues with my sensors, the IAT is pegged at -40 deg. F (possible bad sensor?) and the AEM 5 bar MAP seems to be mirroring RPMs. Which seems like the opposite it should do, what do you guys think could be causing this ?

Do you guys know a way to bench test the sensors? The person that installed the IAT in the upper intercooler pipe has it threading into the pipe, then JB welded around that. Looks like it would be a pain to take out but I could pop the MAF out easily.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 78
The AEM 5 bar looks ok, that IAT sensor looks dead but I do not know the testing procedure but googled this:

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0110

So see if it is getting 5 volts source I would venture to say to start.

Hey, and yes I think the GM IAT is dead also.

Why do you say the MAP is working properly? Isn't it doing the opposite it needs to be doing?? Do I just need to calibrate it or something? The only thing I can see that it gives you the ability to change is Altitude.

Idk what it was originally hooked up to. However this AM before work I messed around with it a bit I hadn't chosen SD for MAF setting.

Hopefully this fixes the issue I'll check later tonight.

Do you happen to know where to get an initial tune (efficiency table) To work off ?
that circled nipple is originally connected to the PVC valve on the VC.

Ok, thanks. VC is now hooked up to a catch can. Guess this spot will do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back