The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Electrical expert needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGameTG

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2012
Brooklyn, New_York
I want to remove the viper security system from the car i don't use it and it's not active until I tried to cut the wires to remove it and the car wouldn't start then i had to reconnect them they same way I cut them anyway I need someone who is highly skilled with 1g wiring and and not some back yard noob I want to remove it cleanly if anyone can do this in the Brooklyn or long island area PM me asap

Can you give us the model of the viper system?

The older systems, like the one i removed, cut the wire from the ignition right behind the steering wheel. pop the top/bottom covers off the column and see if that wire is spliced.

You know what color it would be? Because when I cut the wires going to the box it was like 3 wires I had to hook back up to get the car started

Is there a starter kill relay? If so you just have re wire back to factory you cant just cut wires and hope for the best find out what alarm you have so you can get a schematic or look on the alarm itself it will/ should tell you what wires are for what , then get a schematic for your ignition cauze thats most likely the cause as to why it wont start you have acc wires starter wire, acc 2 witch is on ,ground ect just take your time and look ive got the wire colors and sh*t for a 91 laser somewhere btw ive installed command start and alarm combo pain in the as s if you just dive in you gotta play a game of find the wires alot easier to know what your dealing with first

Re attach the factory ignition harness if done right it shoulndt be hard at if you have a decent digital multimeter. Also it helps to no what color wires your talking about and if there thick or thin dotted or striped ect

I don't know how to use that meter thing and wires is something I don't want to be playing around with

they tie the alarm to the ignition switch wiring . you have to find where they splice into the wiring . remove the alarm and reconnect the factory wiring . the factory wiring is color coded with some wires having a tracer . for example black wire with a white tracer .

@TheGameTG For me they interrupted the starter wire, which is a very thick black wire with white or yellow stripe. If you pop the top/bottom covers off the column, it would be blatantly obvious that they connected to the alarm wires to this.

Where the key goes, this would be furthest to the passenger side of the ignition key assembly. Lucky for me they cut my wire halfway down the column, and just last night I soldered a Jumper to reconnect the wire after removing the alarm.

Depending what they did, later when I look I may or may not be able to do it myself my electrical skill is lacking

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back