The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I changed my phone and dont have your number anymore. Can you call me or text me?

Cant log because I cant connect the dsm link. Has a narrow band, my mod list is on my profile. And I live in the NE.

You should remove the safcII if its still connected. Dont need that with link on.
Then as suggested connect to link and retune. Dsm link2 doesnt save the tunes to the chip. It looses the tune if the battery is removed or disconnected.

Cant log because I cant connect the dsm link. Has a narrow band, my mod list is on my profile. And I live in the NE.

I changed my phone and dont have your number anymore. Can you call me or text me?

You should remove the safcII if its still connected. Dont need that with link on.
Then as suggested connect to link and retune. Dsm link2 doesnt save the tunes to the chip. It looses the tune if the battery is removed or disconnected.

Ya I know I have the tune the guy had on it before saved on computer. Check your pms

Ok dsm link is up and running... problem is now runs like crap till it hits full boost. Anything below 4k has no power. 915dsm has been helping me out just wanted to say thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry Juan. I got cought up installing some carpet tile. We need to get the afr estimate setup to get an idea of what afrs your running during the crappy behavior. Look it up on ecmtuning while i finish with the tile

Post up a log.

Soon as I get a chance I will.

Sorry Juan. I got cought up installing some carpet tile. We need to get the afr estimate setup to get an idea of what afrs your running during the crappy behavior. Look it up on ecmtuning while i finish with the tile

Will do thanks

Heres some logs ope I did them right its first time. First one I was trying to go wot and second was just normal driving. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Attachments

• log.2014.03.10-01.elg
    11.6 KB · Views: 96
  • log.2014.03.10-03.elg
    19.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Will do thanks

Heres some logs ope I did them right its first time. First one I was trying to go wot and second was just normal driving. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Did you notice your o2 isnt cycling? Its pegged out..

Edit: Guess your narrow band isnt working either if you couldn't tell.. Nice time to get a wideband since it needs replacing.

You should also enable your Maf comp..

Did you notice your o2 isnt cycling? Its pegged out..

Edit: Guess your narrow band isnt working either if you couldn't tell.. Nice time to get a wideband since it needs replacing.

You should also enable your Maf comp..

I have no clue when it comes to tunning. Lol it has a narrow band guage that seems to work. I did see the a/f line doing nothing just figured I was doing something wrong. So would a bad o2 be the cause of all this?

Well the o2 may not necessarily be bad as you can activate and deactivate it during your v2 stream... check to see what its under.. and activate it if its not cycling.

Plus im not 100% sure on this but a narrow band interferes with your O2 values as its drawing voltage way from your o2 values. Either way i would assume its not working properly. Just pick up a wideband. Your definitely gonna need it either way.

Edit: Gotta go Pal! Hopefully Jeorge or 915dsm help you thru as seen, they are online :p and are definitely more ecm friendly.

Well the o2 may not necessarily be bad as you can activate and deactivate it during your v2 stream... check to see what its under.. and activate it if its not cycling.

Plus im not 100% sure on this but a narrow band interferes with your O2 values as its drawing voltage way from your o2 values. Either way i would assume its not working properly. Just pick up a wideband. Your definitely gonna need it either way.

I know I need a wideband to properly tune with but short on cash just spent what I had getting this car. Right now just want the car to run right :pray:

Will do thanks

Why is your car running so hot? You even have fans always on. Is that everything you can capture? What is it doing when you go wot?

Why is your car running so hot? You even have fans always on. Is that everything you can capture? What is it doing when you go wot?

Ya I saw that it was at 245... I do believe I have fans always on. Car only has single fan. Since problems started my water temp gauge hasnt worked, constantly says its at 42 degrees. When I go WOT car hesitates up until 4200-4500 rpm basically it hits full boost and she takes off. What should I capture, I know how to add things just not sure what things I need to add.

^ thats all for hector, I can't even figure out my own logs >.<.

ROFL I figured that when I saw your thread. Its cool though I have no idea what Im doing either.

We really need to go through the basics on setting up the correct logging items r values to capture. Yeah your 02 is not fluctuating like it suppose to. could be running in open loop for various reasons.

I notice your afr estimate is not working. we need to get that working

in order for me to help you the proper way would be to sit in front of your laptop and car to set it up and start adjusting things from there.

let me do some reading to remember, im mosty comfortable with flashing ecus. but same concept different software.

when are you off? im off on the weekends.

you should prioritize the wideband. that should be your next mod.

I know I need a wideband to properly tune with but short on cash just spent what I had getting this car. Right now just want the car to run right :pray:

Ya I saw that it was at 245... I do believe I have fans always on. Car only has single fan. Since problems started my water temp gauge hasnt worked, constantly says its at 42 degrees. When I go WOT car hesitates up until 4200-4500 rpm basically it hits full boost and she takes off. What should I capture, I know how to add things just not sure what things I need to add.

ROFL I figured that when I saw your thread. Its cool though I have no idea what Im doing either.

I'm not real good with this yet either but I can try to help LOL
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecmlink-tuning-log-file-advice/444831-list-values-log.html

Did you check all of this? If your car was running fine before then I would think your problem isn't in the tune.?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecm...efore-you-ask-ecmlink-dsmlink-log-advice.html

are you talking about an aftermarket temp gauge? Your car is running too hot. I run 200-210.

I'm not real good with this yet either but I can try to help LOL
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecmlink-tuning-log-file-advice/444831-list-values-log.html

Did you check all of this? If your car was running fine before then I would think your problem isn't in the tune.?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecm...efore-you-ask-ecmlink-dsmlink-log-advice.html

are you talking about an aftermarket temp gauge? Your car is running too hot. I run 200-210.

Ill read up on those threads. Ive read the second one before has a lot of info to digest though. And yes I got aftermarket temp gauge. It was usually between 190-210 or so. Its throwing some CELs but autozone cant connect. I read somewhere that you need to disable something in order for it to connect to scanner. I just cant find the thread on it anymore, do you have any info on this?

We really need to go through the basics on setting up the correct logging items r values to capture. Yeah your 02 is not fluctuating like it suppose to. could be running in open loop for various reasons.

I notice your afr estimate is not working. we need to get that working

in order for me to help you the proper way would be to sit in front of your laptop and car to set it up and start adjusting things from there.

let me do some reading to remember, im mosty comfortable with flashing ecus. but same concept different software.

when are you off? im off on the weekends.

you should prioritize the wideband. that should be your next mod.

Im off sundays only. Im a workaholic LOL

Got to go guys thanks for all the comments. Ill check tomorrow in the morning.

Last edited:

Yea i got it running smoothly though, lean at idle but what the hell, I'ma roll with it. I'll invest into speed density soon, seems like there is more support when it comes to that.

Drove it around and too the wash, no hiccups, that new SB clutch grabs all hardcore, took me by surprise LOL.

Ill read up on those threads. Ive read the second one before has a lot of info to digest though. And yes I got aftermarket temp gauge. It was usually between 190-210 or so. Its throwing some CELs but autozone cant connect. I read somewhere that you need to disable something in order for it to connect to scanner. I just cant find the thread on it anymore, do you have any info on this?

Im off sundays only. Im a workaholic LOL

Got to go guys thanks for all the comments. Ill check tomorrow in the morning.

ecu config.-dtcs shows you the codes you are throwing. I'm guessing you deleted your emissions? p0100 is your other code. I think you have a wiring problem. even if you clear it your check engine light would still come on because of coolant temp. @234* your check engine light is set to come on to warn you. maybe your coolant temp sensor is bad? I would figure that out first as it has a direct impact on how your car runs.

Here are the set points. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/307730-resolved-would-high-coolant-temp-cause-knock.html#post151606615
Doesn't matter what your aftermarket gauge reads because your ecu is going off of the other one. Give us a warm up log. Do you have 1g or 2g cts? might wanna do some research on the differences and how to check yours. @228* your car goes into open loop which would be why your 02 isn't cycling.?

Both will cause you to go into open loop.
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/fueltrimupdatepoints

I know on a 1g an open causes a low reading and short would be high. As far as troubeshooting the CTS sensor would be cheaper and easier to replace. IMHO, keeping it in open loop might have an effect on the reading of the MAF. You should look into calan's thread on ecmlink's display options.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...mlink-tips-n-tricks-display-optimization.html

I did and I can read the data so much better.

ecu config.-dtcs shows you the codes you are throwing. I'm guessing you deleted your emissions? p0100 is your other code. I think you have a wiring problem. even if you clear it your check engine light would still come on because of coolant temp. @234* your check engine light is set to come on to warn you. maybe your coolant temp sensor is bad? I would figure that out first as it has a direct impact on how your car runs.

Here are the set points. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/307730-resolved-would-high-coolant-temp-cause-knock.html#post151606615
Doesn't matter what your aftermarket gauge reads because your ecu is going off of the other one. Give us a warm up log. Do you have 1g or 2g cts? might wanna do some research on the differences and how to check yours. @228* your car goes into open loop which would be why your 02 isn't cycling.?

Will do thanks for the info trying to read up on all the info you guys are giving me. EDIT: the code you gave p0100 is for the maf. You thinking the maf is bad. That would definatly explain my power loss.

Both will cause you to go into open loop.
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/fueltrimupdatepoints

I know on a 1g an open causes a low reading and short would be high. As far as troubeshooting the CTS sensor would be cheaper and easier to replace. IMHO, keeping it in open loop might have an effect on the reading of the MAF. You should look into calan's thread on ecmlink's display options.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...mlink-tips-n-tricks-display-optimization.html

I did and I can read the data so much better.

Thanks cause I really have no clue what everything means for the most part. Im a noob for tuning.

Last edited:
Replaced my rear tranny mount. Found that the braket was broken so. I welded it. Was checking out the rest of the car and found some loose bolts . Turns out their broken fml...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok guys, help me out LOL

97 GST. Has unknown aftermarket BOV and intake and exhaust as well as a FMIC. That's it. Paint is good on the car still, interior is tan leather with just one rip on the driver side. Runs good, but the only problem that it has is, it has 198k miles. He wants 3500 OBO.

Would you guys go for it? I was thinking of offering 3k.

Ok guys, help me out LOL

97 GST. Has unknown aftermarket BOV and intake and exhaust as well as a FMIC. That's it. Paint is good on the car still, interior is tan leather with just one rip on the driver side. Runs good, but the only problem that it has is, it has 198k miles. He wants 3500 OBO.

Would you guys go for it? I was thinking of offering 3k.

Lol I saw and was going to post a link here for you. Looks ok but go check it out see how it runs. Seems to be pretty stock for the most part. Only thing that worries me is the high miles. Offer him 2500 and then negotiate from there. Be sure to point out all the things you see wrong with it.

Edit: Didnt read your whole post seems as though you probably went to see it already.

Lol I saw and was going to post a link here for you. Looks ok but go check it out see how it runs. Seems to be pretty stock for the most part. Only thing that worries me is the high miles. Offer him 2500 and then negotiate from there. Be sure to point out all the things you see wrong with it.

Edit: Didnt read your whole post seems as though you probably went to see it already.

2500 sounds good offer him that.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back