The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

El Paso

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am also in El Paso. I currently have a 92 gsx 6/4 combo. I will also try and bring it out sometime. Alot of people know me for my red 1g GST. My name is Andrew. Hopefully I will see some of you guys out there!

I am also in El Paso. I currently have a 92 gsx 6/4 combo. I will also try and bring it out sometime. Alot of people know me for my red 1g GST. My name is Andrew. Hopefully I will see some of you guys out there!

Wow, where have all you 1g's been hiding? Welcome! What color is your GSX? I've only seen one 1g gsx the whole time I've lived in El Paso.

i got a friend with white 1g gsx with the mitsubishi sign in the hood and were down to cruise just let us know when and where?

i got a friend with white 1g gsx with the mitsubishi sign in the hood and were down to cruise just let us know when and where?

That sounds like the one I saw! White GSX with a black Mitsubishi sign on the hood/fender rolling in the North East.

It seems like we've got a lot of interested/active local DSMers! We should plan a meet/gtg. Any ideas?

One of these days I'll take my car back down there to play around. :)

nice avatar... thats my car next to it...

Andrew had his 91 gst stock rebuilded with ray luna... owner of luna performance.. great running car.. a beast on the highway..:thumb:

we should meet soon the weather seems to be cleaning up.. have a good old fashion bbq... i know that some of us at luna are planning on participating in pinks all out in dallas on the 26th of march, and luna sponsored a carshow on the 20th of march.. but any time after that sounds good...

we should meet soon the weather seems to be cleaning up.. have a good old fashion bbq... i know that some of us at luna are planning on participating in pinks all out in dallas on the 26th of march, and luna sponsored a carshow on the 20th of march.. but any time after that sounds good...

I know, its supposed to be in the 70's the rest of the week! An El Paso DSM BBQ GTG sounds great! Looks like late March is out then, how about early April? We need a date and a location. Would Luna let us have it there at the shop? If we wait too much later my car will be under the knife getting a turbo engine transplant!!!

Serg, do y'all still have my exhaust down there? I am going to need that possibly. I may just do the side exit.

The car should be a lot faster and possibly all black once it shows its face back in El Paso. I need to get some new timeslips this summer.

yea i believe its still in the back.. u got any turbos over there?

anyone in el paso going out to the drag strip 2night? we headed out there after the meeting with the track owners...

Wow, where have all you 1g's been hiding? Welcome! What color is your GSX? I've only seen one 1g gsx the whole time I've lived in El Paso.

My GSX is white. No black mitsu logo on the hood though. It it completely stock. I would bring it out, but it is having some tranny issues, and exhaust manifold bolt issues. Rebuilt tranny that still grinds, and doesnt really like to go into gear all the time. Not really in the condition I want people to see it in or hear it in for that matter:thumb:

@91turbodsm - If it was a quality tranny rebuild, you should be looking into your master, slave, clutch just in case.

Well, quality rebuild, IDK. We had it rebuilt in Kansas. According to the people there, he was the best guy in town. We did not have the funds for a shep/jack tranny.

We also just put a brand new slave cylinder and clutch in, along with the tranny just bieng rebuilt. There is a rubber part on one of my shifter linkage cables, and it is tore. I dont think that would cause any problems like this though. We also tried to adjust the shifter, under the shifter boot, and it was as tight as it could get. I am thinking because a DSM transmission guy did not work on it, its a little off.

Andrew

Well, quality rebuild, IDK. We had it rebuilt in Kansas. According to the people there, he was the best guy in town. We did not have the funds for a shep/jack tranny.

We also just put a brand new slave cylinder and clutch in, along with the tranny just bieng rebuilt. There is a rubber part on one of my shifter linkage cables, and it is tore. I dont think that would cause any problems like this though. We also tried to adjust the shifter, under the shifter boot, and it was as tight as it could get. I am thinking because a DSM transmission guy did not work on it, its a little off.

Andrew

Yeah I wouldn't trust a DSM trans to just any transmission shop. What kind of fluid are you using? Try some Synco Shift or Redline. I've been using BG Synco Shift 2 for the past 5 years without any problems or grinding issues.

I saw a very clean all white 1g last night at the Zaragoza Wal-mart. I believe it was a Talon. Looked stock but was beautiful!

Definetly not mine. I run the Redline HWSP in my t case and rear end. But in my tranny, its some synthetic from autozone. I really dont think that its the fluid, I think its the tranny job. But I guess I will try it, cant hurt right?

Check your firewall to make sure that your master isn't leaking. Also you can check your pedal assembly. As far as I know, the shitty gear oil from places like vato zone actually eat away at our brass syncros. Not a good thing to use.

My 4G63t is on a truck and should hopefully be here on Firday (if not then on Monday)!! I'll get it up on the stand, broken apart, and the block is going to Luna! Take good care of it Serg! :thumb: I need to talk to Ray about what I want done and stuff, is it best to call or to swing by? I know y'all stay busy at the shop. Let me know.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back