Ecu rebuild

Posted by talonfury, Jan 27, 2004
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. talonfury

talonfury Probationary Member

Auburn, Alabama
    if anyone could give me some advice as the best place to ship my ecu off to get rebuilt that would be great. There is only minor damage and it is definately fixable. I just dont want to get ripped off by someone. Thanks

2. talonfury

talonfury Probationary Member

Auburn, Alabama
    Also, if anyone knows anything about the tmo and eprom upgrades, any information would be really helpful. On the website, it says they are no longer doing ecu work. HELP. Thanks

3. CurtTSI

CurtTSI Proven Member

, OklahomaUS
    If it is just leaking caps, any electronics repair shop should be able to do it. Just open it up and take it in and ask if they can repair it. They will probably have no idea what it is but they should be able to repair any obvious minor damage. However, they probably won't be able to performance test it afterward.

4. 92awddsm

92awddsm DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Chesterfield, Virginia
    I had mine repaired, new eprom burned, and tested by dsmchips.com Charged me $90 for the chip and $30 to replace caps, repair acid damage, install socket and chip, and test in a car. Hope this helps.:talon: