The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink ECMLink - LinkTools

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While I'm bugging you I've got a quick question. I know you created LinkTools for tuning cars running SD but, will your next version also have a tuning wizard for the MAFComp airflow correction based off of the WB or a logged MAP? :D

:dsm:

My car has 2 logged MAP sensors (boost and crankcase psi) and an IAT for SD, I'm just asking because tuning a car yesterday with that calculator was a PITA, I almost broke a fingernail. LOL

I haven't had to tune a car on a MAS in a long time, I almost forgot how! Need a program to do it for me because tuning SD with LinkTools has made me lazy...

Tuning a MAS is easy - look at WBFactor and adjust appropriate MAF Comp slider (based on current MAFRaw Hz level) that amount and in that direction.

Damn youngins' getting lazy (and yes I can say that since I'm a day older than you ROFL)!

I would think this should be somewhat simple as long as the user inputs their current MAF Comp values into a table in Excel and then exports WBFactor and just do the math based on that value, taking the MAFRaw into account. Possibly throw in an average adjustment calculation for all WBFactor values between MAFRaw Hz value A and B instead of just picking one point to go off and averaging in your head (if you even look that far).

Damn youngins' getting lazy (and yes I can say that since I'm a day older than you ROFL)!
:f-u:

That's a sweet trick about WBFactor Brian, I was even logging it and didn't use it. To be honest though, I wasn't really using that calculator either because, as I mentioned, too lazy. I just "eyeballed" the MAFComp adjustments depending on the AFR's being to rich/lean and then move the sliders in that direction. I like the idea of tuning off of WBFactor though, thanks for the info!

Now that I know about WBFactor Craig, it would probably take longer to export/load the log, along with all the tables, and wait for my slow ass computer to do the calculations if you made a version of LinkTools for MAS tuning so fuhgettaboutit!

You kids.... :p

I was a little confused as to why you would need a MAFcomp tool (considering that you just need to bump the slider by the WBFactor value at each hz point as Brian mentioned)...then I thought it may be cool to incorporate something for it into LT.

Then I remembered that LT is already getting rather large and complex, and I should probably stick with more useful features. LOL

BTW - Don't feel bad Corey. I'm amazed at how many people still don't know that WBFactor exists or what it is, and are still using a calculator to painstakingly figure out the MAFComp corrections (or even worse - VE corrections) at each break point.

That's a good example of how much useful stuff there is in ECMLink that goes unnoticed. Most people just barely scratch the surface of it.

Last edited:
Looks nice. I'll have to fix my car and give this a try.

Any future releases for office 2007/2010 support?

I'd really like to say yes, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. Parts of the code would require a major re-write, and some of the graphing functions probably wouldn't work at all.

MS totally hosed us on some of the more complex (i.e. useful) features when they switched to the 2007 ribbon-based crap. I guess they just want people to use Excel for making pie charts and organizing grocery lists now. :)

I just tried to run this with excel 2007 and it almost started working, but was extremely buggy and slow, and crashed eventually.

Installing 2003 made it run flawlessly. Spent a few hours on the vids, and some old logs and I think I am ready to knockout a base tune this spring break!

This is really cool. (honestly maybe a little cooler than his catch cans which are really frigging cool!) If you like this, forget donating, buy his catch can!

I REALLY wish I could use this, I have excel 2010 and and only thing I can do is pull up the program. It wont let me do anything else. Damn! I was really excited to use this considering Im having a hell of a time trying to tune my car :( Oh well.

Do a little digging around the web and you will be able to come up with a version that is compatible. It may take a little research but when there is a will, there is a way :)

Robert

Could you possibly host your videos to youtube? They will be forever saved for everyone.

I keep finding Openoffice Calc available for download, they say its the same thing as excel, but Im not sure about that. Can anyone offer any input on this?

im new to link and this may be a dumb question but, of those 13 values how are you obtaining rpm smoother, horsepower, torque,wbfactor, rpm/speed, wbfactor, hp factor, cc pressure, and map, as well as enlarging your variables

Im just now learning link and still dont have forum access until sales sends me my info

ECMTuning, Inc.

Although you do not have forum access, you still have access to the home page where Tom has posted some very useful info about ECMlink.

You should also check out this sticky. It was posted by a knowledgable member and will get you started on the right path when using link and asking for advice here.

You may also spend some quality time here in the Tech Articles looking at the various layouts and methods people have come up with.

Lastly, Calan has taken the liberty to also post some unique ways to alter the view of your logged values in this thread.

Robert

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back