The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ecmlink chip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmonterful

Proven Member
Aug 25, 2015
grand island, Nebraska
Ik this might be a dumb question but is my chip supposed to go all the way down i dont wanna break the thing LOL! i have clicking noise when i turn on the car comes from my ecu i dont see anything burned so ig i would just ask. sorry my first time gitting link thank you

Attachments

• 20161209_194654.jpg
    20161209_194654.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20161209_194637.jpg
    20161209_194637.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20161209_194624.jpg
    20161209_194624.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 118
The white wire. Some people used to burn chips with 2 tunes on them. Grounding s wire connected to one of the EPROM pins switched maps. Or it could be some type of repair.

Did the Ecu work before you installed the link chip?

I just got it today the guy told me it worked perfectly i just hear a clicking noise but i doesnt seem to affect it iddles good and everything but is the chip supposed to be lifted a little or is it okay like that?

Doesn't seem in all the way to me. You can see the one side is down farther than the other. Also when do you hear the clicking noise?
Yeah i can see that but i dont wanna push it further and break it idk should it be flush with the socket? & when i turn on the car the clicking comes and goes! And i tried driving the clicking got worse and it leans out to the point you can barely accelerate but i talked to the guy who i bought it from he said he was gonna send me another one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back