The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Eclipse Wiring Harness Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Bolt123

Probationary Member
Jun 11, 2008
Boise, Idaho
What are the differences between the 95-99 gs-t/gsx engine harnesses? Can they be interchangeable between the vehicle model years? Can a 1995 talon tsi engine harness be used in a 1995 eclipse gsx? What are the differences? I am looking for a 1995 eclipse gsx engine wiring harness and have had little or no success tracking one down. :banghead:

What are the differences between the 95-99 gs-t/gsx engine harnesses? Can they be interchangeable between the vehicle model years? Can a 1995 talon tsi engine harness be used in a 1995 eclipse gsx? What are the differences? I am looking for a 1995 eclipse gsx engine wiring harness and have had little or no success tracking one down. :banghead:

To my knowledge the 95 GSX and 95 TSI awd are interchangable. If you own a 95 I would be searching for 95-96 harnesses. Why do you need an entire harness out or curiosity?:confused:

There will be some minor differences, but if you need a 95/96 then stick to those years or if you need a 97-99, get one of those . . . otherwise you will be in for a little re-wiring.

Some pins at the ECU have moved . . . 95/96 have the cam sensor behind the intake cam gear . . . 97+ have it bolted to the other end of the cam. A little more digging should be able to point out the rest of the important differences.

As far as GST vs GSX - they *should* be compatible

To my knowledge the 95 GSX and 95 TSI awd are interchangable. If you own a 95 I would be searching for 95-96 harnesses. Why do you need an entire harness out or curiosity?:confused:

What I need is the harness that connects to the ECU and runs through the firewall. I believe it is called the "Engine control harness" I need a new harness because I shortened the oriiginal one and now no power to the ecu(AEM) I have spent countless hours reading over wiring schematics and still have not figured it out yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back