ebay projector halo ring not working

Posted by jaeahr, Sep 3, 2007

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. jaeahr

jaeahr Probationary Member

Joined Oct 11, 2006
    Queens Village, New York
    recently just purchased some blackhousing sonar ebay projectors
    installed them today and all the lights are working except the halo ring (bulb in the middle of the halo ring is working fine, so is hibeam and corner light)

anyone have any idea why?

if anyone could send a reply to this thread or email me at jaeahr@tmobile.com/jae-ahr@nyc.rr.com or IM me at juniorpinoy

i'd really appreciate it

2. JWoodley

JWoodley Proven Member

Joined Oct 12, 2002
    Middle Of Nowhere, Alabama
    Halo ring needs to be wired to the side markers.

My DSM:
  3. GILZTSIAWD

GILZTSIAWD Proven Member

Joined Feb 4, 2004
    petal, Mississippi
    Did you even connect the wires for the halos?

4. InfiniteGSX

InfiniteGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 10, 2002
    Tijeras, New Mexico
    Yeah, You must connect the red and black wire on the bottom of your headlights to get the halo to work, they aren't pre setup... they are just wired up so you can wire them into whatever you want...

My DSM:
  5. jaeahr

Joined Oct 11, 2006
    Queens Village, New York
    Really sorry about this but I've been on vacation and never got a chance to fix this. The other day I checked out my lights....

The middle bulb with the halo ring has the two wires connecting which are connected to my red and black wires which work fine

my only problem is that there are no wires for the halo ring - is it suppose to be like this? I looked at another friends projectors on his maxima and he had wires for his halo rings as well as the regular bulbs - i only have wires for the regular bulbs

i'm totally new to this so a specific explaination would REALLY help

thanks again - and thanks for the past replies

6. jaeahr

Joined Oct 11, 2006
    Queens Village, New York
    anyone able to help?

7. InfiniteGSX

InfiniteGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 10, 2002
    Tijeras, New Mexico
    Keep searching... pull the headlight out so you can look inside it without taking it apart... look through the bulb location area to see if you can locate wires comming off the Halo.

If you have the LED Halo it should have the ring, 2 LED's pointing into the ring, and one red and one black wire comming off of a tini tiny board that the LED's are soldered to, which is usually put through a hole on the bottom of the headlights... Maybe the stupid company didn't run the wire, and the wire is just sitting inside the headlight housing...

If you still can't find them after you search without taking them apart, my next guess would be to take them apart using the How-To in the DSMTuners FAQ/How-To area, and then you should locate the wire and feed it wherever you want.

My DSM: