The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ebay projector halo ring not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaeahr

Probationary Member
Oct 11, 2006
Queens Village, New_York
recently just purchased some blackhousing sonar ebay projectors
installed them today and all the lights are working except the halo ring (bulb in the middle of the halo ring is working fine, so is hibeam and corner light)

anyone have any idea why?

if anyone could send a reply to this thread or email me at [email protected]/[email protected] or IM me at juniorpinoy

i'd really appreciate it

Did you even connect the wires for the halos?

Yeah, You must connect the red and black wire on the bottom of your headlights to get the halo to work, they aren't pre setup... they are just wired up so you can wire them into whatever you want...

Really sorry about this but I've been on vacation and never got a chance to fix this. The other day I checked out my lights....

The middle bulb with the halo ring has the two wires connecting which are connected to my red and black wires which work fine

my only problem is that there are no wires for the halo ring - is it suppose to be like this? I looked at another friends projectors on his maxima and he had wires for his halo rings as well as the regular bulbs - i only have wires for the regular bulbs

i'm totally new to this so a specific explaination would REALLY help

thanks again - and thanks for the past replies

Keep searching... pull the headlight out so you can look inside it without taking it apart... look through the bulb location area to see if you can locate wires comming off the Halo.

If you have the LED Halo it should have the ring, 2 LED's pointing into the ring, and one red and one black wire comming off of a tini tiny board that the LED's are soldered to, which is usually put through a hole on the bottom of the headlights... Maybe the stupid company didn't run the wire, and the wire is just sitting inside the headlight housing...

If you still can't find them after you search without taking them apart, my next guess would be to take them apart using the How-To in the DSMTuners FAQ/How-To area, and then you should locate the wire and feed it wherever you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back