The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ebay coilovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no technical data, or references for you to validate the point I am about to make to you.

The coilovers are for sale for around 300 dollars brand new. How well do you honestly think they will perform, last, and the overall ride quality be?

Now ask yourself why certain coilover suspension setups are more expensive, for the most basic setups.

1. You don't even know if it fits.
2. You don't know how many bounces it takes before it blows.
3. If you paid that 300 bucks you could of waited and got better quality by adding 200-300 more bucks.
4. If it was me, I wouldn't risk it.

I learn my lesson, for a dd, suspension on a drop car is something I don't like to risk.

JUNK!!!! DO NOT BUY THEM!! My freind bought a set an it's the roughest noisiest ride I've ever had, it rides so rough it just destroys the car, do your neck and back and your car a favor and don't buy them

At least get decent coilovers such as Megan racing, tein, d2,ksport. Even these dont have the best ride qualities, or you could be like me and spend 2.5k on kw v3 coilovers best coilovers on the market.

At least get decent coilovers such as Megan racing, tein, d2,ksport. Even these dont have the best ride qualities, or you could be like me and spend 2.5k on kw v3 coilovers best coilovers on the market.

What makes these the best coilovers on the market?

I had some K-Sports on my old 2G and they rode pretty well.Wish I would have kept them I am riding on tokico shocks and springs UGh

D2 Racing - High Performance Suspension & Brakes
TEIN USA Home - The Official TEIN Site - Coilovers, Lowering Springs, Performance Suspension parts, and more
KW product range /// When it comes to sporty suspension systems for every use KW is one of the leading providers.
Megan Racing

These are just some websites that you can browse for good, quality coil overs. Try to stay away from eBay when buying parts. I usually go with the "If it spins, rotates or moves, Don't buy it from eBay" saying that I've heard a few times. Take the extra two weeks of work or what-have-you and buy a real set of coil over that will actually do the job instead of failing within the first few months. Plus, having a good set of coil overs will benefit your car more than the crap off eBay. One of the guys I used to work with that a shop purchased a coil over set for his '94 Eclipse GS off eBay and within 3.5 weeks, the passenger rear shock blew out and causing him to loose control from shock. The car has decent damage but wasn't totaled.

Not much info on those shocks, which would be a try at your own risk. I would bet though that they are made in the same factory in china just painted another color. But your best bet is going to be:

Ground Control - 1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse / Eagle Talon, Ground Control & Koni Complete Suspension Kit

best entry level set-up and you can choose your own spring rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
EBay's are junk period. Had em on several cars (installed before I got the cars) from Hondas to dsms they are trash. Dreamt DSM has a valid point. I'm currently saving so I can get a quality set (still undecided on the brand though)

I'm going to say something I probably shouldn't- but here goes.
I've seen several threads around here and on DSMtalk that show these failing at an amazingly fast pace. You are actually paying more than what they are worth. I would actually recommend cutting a coil out of your stock springs before I would recommend those garbage coil overs.

Ok, I got tired of the clanking noise, so I pulled my fronts and put my old spring/strut combo back on.

I discovered a lot of flop (side to side, up and down) from the top hats.

I am sure that is the source of the clanking and I am sure that these are defected product.

Going to call emotor tomorrow.
From this thread - - > http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/332459-ebay-coilovers-e-motor-usa-yes-no-2.html

I got eibach coil overs for front and back with the dials for around 400$ and the ride amazingly

EBAY COILOVERS ARE JUNK, don't waste your time or your money cause you will spend 300 and 3 days later you will hate yourself for buying them. Buy right the first time and wont have to spend money where its not needed.

The question is: What are your goals?

Are you just trying to lower the car with little regard for handling or ride quality? Then most "eBay" brand coil-overs will do.

Are you trying to lower the car but still want to have decent handling and ride quality? You'd be better off with a quality set of shocks and lowering springs.

Are you trying to compete in AutoX or Road Racing events? Get ready to spend at least 4-5x what those eBay kits cost.

ANYWAY, with personal "EBAY" coil over preference.. I rock the "NEX" ebay coil overs on my gst... And i haveta say, they aren't bad. And my car is pretty nice ;) just saying.

Let's face it, WE OWN A DSM(s) .. They ride like total ass anyway.. It isn't a $60,000 sports car.. haha.

But, like other people said if your just going with looks and a little better drivability, get the ebay ones man. If you daily it though you might have more issues than I, considering i drive mine 3 months of the year.. And if your going to race, might as well save money up. But if your going just for looks, by all means go ahead =)

good luck!

I wonder how many people get complimented on how thier coilovers look? And how much more attraction the coilovers get once installed on our cars based on the color?

++++1 on the yonaka's. I've had my set for years now with not one problem or complaint. They are well built and matched very well with the spring and dampner ratings, was exactly what I was looking for. But I also got mine from a yonaka's dealer not ebay!

If being cheap is possibly worth your life then go for it... I honestly "and this is just me" would not use Ebay parts. Let alone one something are critical as suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back