The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Easier way to get alarm to arm with TT?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboSpider

Proven Member
Nov 2, 2015
York, Pennsylvania
I did some searching and found a few threads detailing how to do the alarm hack to get the alarm to arm when the car is counting down. http://www.ca.dsm.org/FAQ/2gtt-faq.html Is there any easier way to do this? I got down under the dash the other day and it appears it would be easy to get to the right side wire harness to do this mod, however the left one is buried. There is a bunch of wires that go around the area. There is some type of usb port looking thing with a black chip plugged into the end that is blocking most of the left harness. Not sure if that is stock or not, but it is blocking my view to the left wire harness. There also is another one of these chip things over by the obd2 port.

What exactly does the alarm hack do? I assume it tricks the alarm as it makes the car not know that it is running. Will this affect anything else like the ignition interlock or anything else? Just a little leary to go cutting wires that are pretty hard to get to to repair if I have to. Also, definitely don't want to use the wire tap thing to the blue wire as these are know to cause intermittent connection issues which can cause problems down the road. I guess I would have to cut the blue wire and splice the other into it instead. Almost seems as if it would be easier to remove the dash to get to it.

Some aftermarket alarms have turbo timers built in as a feature. If you want a clean option that might be your best bet.

Not sure if that helps you out

I'm sure there would be someway to make it work with the factor alarm. But if I recall, the factory one might have a starter disable on it. (Could be wrong.). So that might be an issue that could be a deal killer.

My aftermarket system has a turbo timer feature with remote start. Though I haven't checked it out personally. (I just stand around like a good waiting for the car to shut off.). I think though it has a timing setting that delays the alarm arming. (I'd assume the doors lock once you get out of the car.).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back