The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink E85 duty cycle ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a full exhaust so when I open the cutout you can feel the car become more responsive. The only issue is the lack of back pressure increases boost a bit.
Ain't it a bi***? You are disclosing super secret stuff here man!!! :cool:

Boy do I second that, although the men in black usually have flashing lights and are threatening to tow the car for speeding :argue:...with full 3" exhaust without the catalytic-converter it is a night and day difference and sounds amazing. By chance can you post an in-car video like before, in addition to the 3rd gear logged pull. So happy to hear the new build and o-ring setup is working flawlessly :)
Loving the posts!

This is the entire sheet, can u explain. What should my deadtime be? My car idles at 14.7-15? What am I missing

Your deadtimes are fine. You can adjust individual deadtimes per injector but you have to know which injector is what serial number. Deadtimes are mostly for idle so if your car idles fine and the afr stays stable i wouldnt worry to much. Your global setting plays a much bigger role.

gsxeclipse102 is correct (and thanks for reminding me) - I can't suggest anything as I don't know which injectors are in which port.

That could be some of my small things I need to iron out also, but the PO of my injectors didn't provide the data sheet (and low z 1650's).

Try contacting FIC and have the numbers on the sides of the injectors handy. They should be able to pull up the data and recreate the sheet for you.

Im an asshole.....i just purchased two brand new 6 bolt heads

Boy do I second that, although the men in black usually have flashing lights and are threatening to tow the car for speeding :argue:...with full 3" exhaust without the catalytic-converter it is a night and day difference and sounds amazing. By chance can you post an in-car video like before, in addition to the 3rd gear logged pull. So happy to hear the new build and o-ring setup is working flawlessly :)
Loving the posts!
Actually the oring motor is still in the works, block is at machine shop. I threw a hks headgasket on her and she's good so far. I lowered the timing to 6 degrees peak torque and I'm back in the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry misunderstood, brilliant though with the hks head gasket what boost are you running at only 6degrees peak? Any chance of that video :)
You not only had the indecency of picking up not only one new head but two . Just kidding, at your boosts levels that is quite wise. Loving the build

35 psi......I learned my lesson, I ran 24 degrees of timing on 93 spraying meth at 32 psi.... composite gasket lasted 2 days. 17 degrees of timing on e85 at 37 psi made the head gasket leak. I'll post some new stuff wed when I get to the shop
Sorry misunderstood, brilliant though with the hks head gasket what boost are you running at only 6degrees peak? Any chance of that video :)
You not only had the indecency of picking up not only one new head but two . Just kidding, at your boosts levels that is quite wise. Loving the build

I always tweak my deadtimes until the car idles with the proper AFR with and without the accessories turned on. I doubt my numbers would match anything on any sheet that came with the injectors and my car hits the proper AFRs all through the range. The point of me telling you this is that you're not doing yourself a favor by copying someone else's deadtimes. I would look at them only as a starting point and then adjust them for what's right for your car from there. Once that is worked out then play with your fuel tables knowing that your ECU has proper control of your injectors.

I always tweak my deadtimes until the car idles with the proper AFR with and without the accessories turned on. I doubt my numbers would match anything on any sheet that came with the injectors and my car hits the proper AFRs all through the range. The point of me telling you this is that you're not doing yourself a favor by copying someone else's deadtimes. I would look at them only as a starting point and then adjust them for what's right for your car from there. Once that is worked out then play with your fuel tables knowing that your ECU has proper control of your injectors.
That exactly what I did, this is what I do. I set my deadtime until I get idle dialed in, I watch airflow per rev and my fuel trims. The literature says you should be seeing .23? My vacuum at idle is 10-12 mm/hg due to my gsc stage 2 cams, My engine seems to idle better in the high 20s low 30s afperrev. So lets say my idle is dialed in. I go for a rip, do a wot pull and see how my afr is on wot.This is when i play with my global, for instance if I turn up the boost and need more fuel ill decrease the global. Global fuel in my mind is the calculated fuel based on subracting a value from the standard injector size, that being 450cc/min. So if you choose -52 you are telling the software to subract a certain percentage of fuel based on the factory fuel injector size. Therefore the higher the number the leaner you will be "globally" . So when running speed density you want to set your global to get it as close as you can to your requested afr in the da table and then adjust the airflow table for smaller adjustments to really dial it in. Is this correct?

Attachments

• IMG_2818.PNG
    IMG_2818.PNG
    237.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2821.PNG
    IMG_2821.PNG
    263.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2819.PNG
    IMG_2819.PNG
    232 KB · Views: 79
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back