The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink E85 duty cycle ....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have a log that you're willing to post, throw it up. I'd be curious to see it.

The injectors should handle that horsepower, no problem. I don't know off hand how 60 lbs/min translates to horsepower though. The pump (off hand) I'm not sure about. I'm at least assuming the pump is rewired. The rest of the fuel system looks good.

You can play with FIC's calculator to see that 500 whp and 80% IDC would require 1471cc injectors, which are smaller than yours.
http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator

Nice comment. I wanted to mention something like that but I'm no professional. I know that HP numbers, Torque, Air Flow and Duty Cycles all depend on the other numbers in the equation and are estimates. If any are skewd, and mine sure isn't correct, it will give feedback to you that isn't always 100% correct. I'm glad a Mod or Wiseman brought it up.

1650s should handle nearly 70lb/min on e85, or roughly 700hp on a well setup car.
This is about what I've found on several different setups. I often run my afrs in the 12:1 range on e85, this helps stretch the fuel system out.

A handy function of the ecmlink flex fuel setup is the ability the mix race gas with e85 at the track to avoid running out of fuel with a "normal" fuel setup.

I run a 450 and 1650's around 600whp on the street, but by throwing 5 gallons of race fuel in the tank when it's below 1/4 tank I can max out my 750-800whp setup.

To the OP, I was seeing high DC's also and messed with my tune and now it is within reason at high 80's. But I will say it again, my tune isn't perfect but the car does run very well.

If you have a log that you're willing to post, throw it up. I'd be curious to see it.

The injectors should handle that horsepower, no problem. I don't know off hand how 60 lbs/min translates to horsepower though. The pump (off hand) I'm not sure about. I'm at least assuming the pump is rewired. The rest of the fuel system looks good.

You can play with FIC's calculator to see that 500 whp and 80% IDC would require 1471cc injectors, which are smaller than yours.
I will post a few logs when i get home, My tune is far from perfect and could very well be the issue. I reinstalled my electric cutout and boy did it overboost.......

This is about what I've found on several different setups. I often run my afrs in the 12:1 range on e85, this helps stretch the fuel system out.

A handy function of the ecmlink flex fuel setup is the ability the mix race gas with e85 at the track to avoid running out of fuel with a "normal" fuel setup.

I run a 450 and 1650's around 600whp on the street, but by throwing 5 gallons of race fuel in the tank when it's below 1/4 tank I can max out my 750-800whp setup.
I was thinking about this, do you have issues with burning out your o2 sensors? That is if you run leaded race gas. It took about 20 gallons to burn both sensors, the narrow and wideband.

Last edited by a moderator:

this is the best example i have

I run 99% e85. My cars see minimal race fuel. Although it sounds like yours killed the o2's way faster than it should have.
well to be honest the wide band was 2 years old and the narrow band was about a year. I ran about 5-6 jugs of c16 through my setup.Not mixed, both sensors died at the same time...

Attachments

• log.2017.05.04-10.elg
    799.5 KB · Views: 46
  • log.2017.05.04-10.elg
    799.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited by a moderator:
Comments below are based on the first log posted.

I see you have fuel adjustments in both the Fuel tab and the InjBatteryAdj table. Is there a reason for this? Ideally, you should have just copied the data provided by FIC into ECMlink, assuming you bought the injectors brand new or the previous seller included the data sheet.

I'd start there as you have some pretty crazy adjustments that could be affecting your IDC %. Also, if you use the InjBatteryAdj table, please make sure the curve looks the same as the factory one (e.g. your current 7v value does not match the factory curve).

You're also being a bit conservative on the AFR's in the OpenLoopMaxOct table for E85. I run around 12:1 AFR, where you're targeting 11.3:1.

You're also going to want to address your SD table as I'm seeing some pretty big variances in your wideband reading (and compared to the AFRatioEst value). If you're pushing richer than the target, you'll be using more fuel than expected.

Comments below are based on the first log posted.

I see you have fuel adjustments in both the Fuel tab and the InjBatteryAdj table. Is there a reason for this? Ideally, you should have just copied the data provided by FIC into ECMlink, assuming you bought the injectors brand new or the previous seller included the data sheet.

I'd start there as you have some pretty crazy adjustments that could be affecting your IDC %. Also, if you use the InjBatteryAdj table, please make sure the curve looks the same as the factory one (e.g. your current 7v value does not match the factory curve).

You're also being a bit conservative on the AFR's in the OpenLoopMaxOct table for E85. I run around 12:1 AFR, where you're targeting 11.3:1.

You're also going to want to address your SD table as I'm seeing some pretty big variances in your wideband reading (and compared to the AFRatioEst value). If you're pushing richer than the target, you'll be using more fuel than expected.
Can you explain this to me? Im running fic 1650 high z injectors, they dont give you the exact voltage values so I I averaged the numbers based on what they gave me. For instance the voltage table gives 4v 6v 9v on ecm link the voltage table doesnt have the same voltages listed so i averaged them out

Can you explain this to me? Im running fic 1650 high z injectors, they dont give you the exact voltage values so I I averaged the numbers based on what they gave me. For instance the voltage table gives 4v 6v 9v on ecm link the voltage table doesnt have the same voltages listed so i averaged them out

I'm aware of this (and worked with them to try and get it switched to match link, at least for the DSM guys). What I'm saying is you have fuel adjustments in multiple places and it could be causing you issues. If you want to post a copy of your injector sheet, I could create some new fuel settings for you to try out.

I'm aware of this (and worked with them to try and get it switched to match link, at least for the DSM guys). What I'm saying is you have fuel adjustments in multiple places and it could be causing you issues. If you want to post a copy of your injector sheet, I could create some new fuel settings for you to try out.

Attachments

• IMG_2769.JPG
    IMG_2769.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 58

I rechecked your numbers and they are all good except the 7V it should be 3500.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That doesn't fully correct your fuel settings. Can you explain why you have a global deadtime adjustment of 279 when all of your deadtime is currently adjusted already in the DA table? You've also probably got some individual injector deadtimes on that sheet that you could plug in. Make sure to review everything so that you have it setup correctly.

That doesn't fully correct your fuel settings. Can you explain why you have a global deadtime adjustment of 279 when all of your deadtime is currently adjusted already in the DA table? You've also probably got some individual injector deadtimes on that sheet that you could plug in. Make sure to review everything so that you have it setup correctly.
This is the entire sheet, can u explain. What should my deadtime be? My car idles at 14.7-15? What am I missing

Attachments

• IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2803.JPG
    IMG_2803.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 77
That could be some of my small things I need to iron out also, but the PO of my injectors didn't provide the data sheet (and low z 1650's).

Your deadtimes are fine. You can adjust individual deadtimes per injector but you have to know which injector is what serial number. Deadtimes are mostly for idle so if your car idles fine and the afr stays stable i wouldnt worry to much. Your global setting plays a much bigger role.

Your deadtimes are fine. You can adjust individual deadtimes per injector but you have to know which injector is what serial number. Deadtimes are mostly for idle so if your car idles fine and the afr stays stable i wouldnt worry to much. Your global setting plays a much bigger role.
The good news is im not pushing coolant anymore, i lowered my timing to around 6 degrees at peak torque and im gunna go from there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back