The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

E-Bay EVO III Big 16g STAYING STRONG

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EclipseRydazz

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2002
Barrington, Illinois
Man I would recommend anyone go out and buy this turbo on e-bay...I just got my FMIC and car tuned, turbo boosting at 23PSI, and it pulls like hell. I have had this turbo on this car now for the past 10K and man this is a beauty....For $315 shipped....Man you can't beat that. Not saying everyone has good luck with these turbos, but I am not having one issue at all with it...Lets here some Pos & Neg feedback for those who own a E-Bay Evo III Big 16g..

:talon: Lee :talon:

Glad to hear your success! No shaft play at all? Spool up rpm? Any dyno graphs/numbers or track times with it? That would be the main selling point for me, along with it lasting a long time.

I've had mine in for 2000 k and its good as new. See full spool around 3000 which is the same as the stock 14b i believe and all other 16gs. No shaft play whatsoever and pulls really hard. Cant complain one bit.

Glad to hear your success! No shaft play at all? Spool up rpm? Any dyno graphs/numbers or track times with it? That would be the main selling point for me, along with it lasting a long time.

Nope Full boost about 3k, no shaft play, have not hit the track yet, but will be going this weekend to see.

By chance do you have a link to the turbo you bought or the ebay seller? They're so many of these turbos on Ebay for cheap and from a million different sellers.

+1 i might just try and sell this 14b and just pick one of these up if they still have them....:thumb:

By chance do you have a link to the turbo you bought or the ebay seller? They're so many of these turbos on Ebay for cheap and from a million different sellers.

EDTMOTORS.....Trust me....I have not had one problem with this turbo...I ported the hell out of it, and it's still boosting hard and pulling hard...Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TD05D-BIG-16G-Turbo-Turbocharge-EVO-3-4G63-4G63T_W0QQitemZ190133723173QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i will purchase this turbo and install it within two weeks.

Did yours come with the oil/water lines and hardware as shown? It's in the pic but they don't specify if it's included with the turbo or not. Also I notice he has some for $269 + $31 S&H and some with a "Submit best offer" and only $25 S&H. Looks like I'll be making an offer :D .

Yea from the pics on the auction that is different from the EVO III GT. The EVO III GT that turbochargers.com sells clearly says EVO III GT on the compressor housing:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That one on ebay the OP speaks of, does not. Not only does it spool like a real big16g/evo3 it is cheaper than the EVO III GT. I am curious to see how it performs/feels. My old setup was a real MHI big16g and it was awesome. The new 2g talon we just got has an EVO III GT, and if you read the thread regarding it, myself and others don't see full boost until close to 3800-4000. Similar to my pte50 trim on my other car, which is horrible considering the size of that turbo.

HOpefully one of you guys using that ebay evo iii 16g can put up some dyno numbers, many have made posts speaking of how great it is, but none have actually (unless overlooked) put up dyno #s to bring it closer as a cheap legitimate upgrade.

I always knew those TC GT turbos were a piece of crap even though they tried to make it seem like it performed just as good as any real MHI 16G.

Anyway I just finished my daily Ebay browsing and noticed another kit that looks pretty good, even comes with a SS oil line. Hmmmm....decisions, decisions.. I think I might be the guinea pig even though it won't be for a while since my car is a work in progress.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TD05...6QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• TD05-OilLineKit.jpg
    TD05-OilLineKit.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 9,253
Yea from the pics on the auction that is different from the EVO III GT. The EVO III GT that turbochargers.com sells clearly says EVO III GT on the compressor housing:

That one on ebay the OP speaks of, does not. Not only does it spool like a real big16g/evo3 it is cheaper than the EVO III GT. I am curious to see how it performs/feels. My old setup was a real MHI big16g and it was awesome. The new 2g talon we just got has an EVO III GT, and if you read the thread regarding it, myself and others don't see full boost until close to 3800-4000. Similar to my pte50 trim on my other car, which is horrible considering the size of that turbo.

HOpefully one of you guys using that ebay evo iii 16g can put up some dyno numbers, many have made posts speaking of how great it is, but none have actually (unless overlooked) put up dyno #s to bring it closer as a cheap legitimate upgrade.

Hitting up the Dyno possibly Sat Afternoon....

EclipseRydazz, great keep us updated!

BoostedinSoFla, you know what I would get that instead, you pay just an extra $22.98 for SS feed line.

I will......:thumb:

And now talking about the SSAUTOCHROME IC PIPES and the XS FMIC install and Performance.....It was easy,,,,Still boosting at about 23-24 ish and still pulls harder then the stock SMIC....For $225 Shipped....ONCE AGAIN a GREAT DEAL.....PICS BELOW

Ohhhh yeah....I LOST MY FOG LAMPS :-/....BUT WHO CARES...LOL....I'll find another spot to re-mount

I would be intrested in seeing how much power you do put down. Have you ever logged it to see how many lb/min you are flowing. Are these turbos supposed to be able to flow 42lb/min like the MHI.

I just won mine for $275 shipped! Submitted an offer of $235 and they countered $260 and we finally settled on $250 + the $25 for shipping. Can't wait to see how this thing does, can't beat the price for sure. I'll post more once I get it.

If you read closely it says that the turbo is good for 505cfm and 36lb/min. Those are the same specs as a s16g. That is why I have not wanted one of these ebay ones cause never saw any info on what they can flow. I guess now I know.

Well my buddy has a 92 GSX and just put down 275 on a stock 14b, w/ stock internals, evoVIII intercooler at 18psi. and I pull like crazy on him at only 20psi…I haven’t hit the dyno yet but next week I am going to be getting some numbers for all ya..:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back