The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Dyno tuning questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My "demeanor" is fine. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. Period.

I asked very specific questions that nobody really has an answer for. And that's fine. But something that was brought up was to data log my tune and report back. Which I said I would do. I'm concerned about the AFR change mirroring the power curve on the dyno. But evidently you're the High Inquisitor who gets to decide who is worthy to own what car and can't be bothered with the little details of what is actually going on in the post.

Again, I have done all the tuning myself and maybe there is a problem with what I've done. Maybe my MAF frequency drops at that RPM. Who knows? I came on here to help me brainstorm my next step. I'm big enough to admit I might have made a mistake in the tune. I even asked someone what else they thought I should data log. After I check and eliminate all other possibilities I said I would then replace the clutch. How horrible a demeanor I have!!!

The rest of your post is essentially worthless inane arguments with no foundation. Never said a thing about the dyno fees until I was asked. Never said a bad word about the people who did the dyno.

If you had nothing positive to post why waste our time?

A log would have saved a lot of wasted server space here. Without hard data, we are all just guessing, OP included.

@kjlinwi Post a log. Hell, we don't even need a 3rd gear pull, or anything specific to start. Looking at your settings and DA tables will probably tell me all I need to know.

Lastly, make sure you're present for the dyno session next time. Like you said, hindsight is 20/20, so hopefully you're realizing at this point that all this guess work is something that can be avoided in the future. Regardless of the shop or their reputation, nobody gives a shit about your car like you do.

Ask your dyno operator to get the dyno sheet with roller-rpm and engine-rpm if that is possible? If the engine-rpm suddenly climb very fast and the roller-rpm dosent, you have clutch slip, or wheel spin.

"Lastly, make sure you're present for the dyno session next time. Like you said, hindsight is 20/20, so hopefully you're realizing at this point that all this guess work is something that can be avoided in the future. Regardless of the shop or their reputation, nobody gives a sh** about your car like you do."

Truer words were never spoken. Your right, and next time I will be. Or we will rent a dyno and do it ourselves. Just snowed a couple of inches of snow last night (ugh) so going to be a little while before I can do any road pulls with it. Your also correct that I am just guessing. I don't know enough to know if the AFR curve change is significant or not. I was hoping that someone here had seen that before and knew what the significance of that was.

I didn't think to ask for any data logging that they had only because I assumed they didn't have any since they didn't tune it. I know, I shouldn't assume. I'll call them today and see if they have any thing. I especially like the idea of finding out if there is a log of dyno roller rpm vs engine rpm. Didn't even know they logged that kind of info.

Thanks for the suggestion.

LOL, wouldn't that be nice! Or maybe it was the, "this is horrible, I'm outta here" kind of bad. :)

I built the car shooting for 400 flywheel hp figuring that was about as far as I could go and keep my wife happy with the street manners and reliability. It looks like I'm on track for that after we get everything sorted out so I am happy about that.

Just snowed a couple of inches of snow last night (ugh) so going to be a little while before I can do any road pulls with it.

Again, you don't have to post a log of a pull. A 4 second capture with the ignition on will show your settings and DA tables, which is plenty to start giving feedback from.

GST here is a log I did this morning. Had to wait for the car to warm up. It is 20 degrees outside.

This is my first time posting a log. Let me know if I did it wrong or if it doesn't display. All feeback on the log appreciated.

Attachments

• log.2018.12.09-03.elg
    21.5 KB · Views: 120
UPDATE:

No one ever commented on my data log after numerous requests for me to post one.

Took the car out of storage and took it to a different, well known shop that is local and had them verify.

It is NOT the clutch slipping. It is the BOV leaking which reduced engine power when it started to leak and leaned the AFR at the same time.

It always pays to keep asking questions and to not ignore relevant bits of information.

I have ordered a new Tial BOV.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back