The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

General Dyno results are in guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm only having issue at around 34-35 psi at 6500+, I get some misfire here and there. Car runs perfect with the ignition plugged in. With the stock coils in the tach works perfectly but I get some hesitation up top. If I plug in the ignition the car runs amazing , the tach just acts funny.

I had an issue with the tach adapter right out of the box. Swapping in a new tach adapter fixed the issue. You can send it to Dynatrek, just be prepared to wait a couple weeks for a replacement.

Now, I installed mine with a COP unit, not a stock coil. You may have some other intricacies there you need to address that I didn't.

@brads knows the ins and outs of the ARC-2. I'm sure he could help.

I had an issue with the tach adapter right out of the box. Swapping in a new tach adapter fixed the issue. You can send it to Dynatrek, just be prepared to wait a couple weeks for a replacement.

Now, I installed mine with a COP unit, not a stock coil. You may have some other intricacies there you need to address that I didn't.

@brads knows the ins and outs of the ARC-2. I'm sure he could help.
Ok well I sold some of my extra parts today locally and im going with a sparktech cop setup, i ordered another install kit. Im going to send mine the bad one back and have them replace it for a spare. I cant wait two weeks. Im trying to get to Lebanon valley sat night for test n tune.

Another HUGE potentially Catastrophic issue was caught...... So when my original OFH cracked I upgraded to the 1990 ofh with cooler. I purchased the cooler kit from extremepsi. The kit consists of a B@M oil cooler, 8an line and "ftp" swivel fittings. I always check my car over after going for a ride....just habit i guess, so I noticed the timing side of my engine covered in a film of oil. Both of the 90* swivel fitting were completely loose at the swivel, not like I forgot to tighten them, it appears that heat completely destroyed the integrity of the fitting. Ive never had this issue as I always buy quality fittings. Just goes to show you....you get what you pay for.

Always making sure I have something to do on my days off

Attachments

• IMG_2980.JPG
    IMG_2980.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 96
You could probably use thread sealer on those fittings to prevent them from backing out. They don't have any suspension like they would if they were connected to a device that isn't the motor. The motor likely vibrated them loose. I've also seen people under tighten them because they're afraid that it's going to damage the seat inside the fitting. I've never had an issue with AN fittings coming loose though, or leaking.

Cars finally running the way I always wanted it to. No leaks, no knock..... the cop plug setup is great, I have to say.... worth every penny

Attachments

• IMG_2993.JPG
    IMG_2993.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 93
I actually took the car out and turned on the meth injection. Cars getting wild l...headgasket is holding strong! There should be a sticky on the forum. "High timing+ high boost = blown headgasket" regardless of afrs

There should be a sticky on the forum. "High timing+ high boost = blown headgasket" regardless of afrs

There's no sticky because that's not really the case. 30 PSI on my 68HTA and 30 PSI on your 6266 will net you two very different end states. The tune needs to match the setup, regardless of boost level.

There's no sticky because that's not really the case. 30 PSI on my 68HTA and 30 PSI on your 6266 will net you two very different end states. The tune needs to match the setup, regardless of boost level.
I know, I was just messing around. When I started I didn't understand how much of a factor timing is at specific loads or peak torque that is...

Best of luck!!!:thumb:

I actually took the car out and turned on the meth injection. Cars getting wild l...headgasket is holding strong! There should be a sticky on the forum. "High timing+ high boost = blown headgasket" regardless of afrs
You are using the meth and the E85? Why?

Also your oil and wallets gonna hate you.

So now that the dyno results are done being talked about it feels like this thread is a personal blog.... just sayin. Lot's of two posts in a row going on in here without much being "added" in terms of value. Carry on either way but I'd be interested in reading the next subject about the car.

So now that the dyno results are done being talked about it feels like this thread is a personal blog.... just sayin. Lot's of two posts in a row going on in here without much being "added" in terms of value. Carry on either way but I'd be interested in reading the next subject about the car.
Sorry..... I'll end it there

It's all good, I'm just one dude. I'm sure there are others that are enjoying the regular activity on this forum via this thread. No harm meant. I could have worded what I meant to convey differently.

It's all good, I'm just one dude. I'm sure there are others that are enjoying the regular activity on this forum via this thread. No harm meant. I could have worded what I meant to convey differently.
Its all good, I just havent managed to break anything in the last 2 weeks, im getting bored :idontknow:

Again what's up with the meth and E85 use? I'm about to get rid of my new meth kit and go E85 every other tank.
Well I was testing without etoh, just h20..... on pump I've tested 50/50, 100% meth and 100% water. I was testing a small #nozzle with some distilled water to cool the intake charge. It works great, from my testing the 100% methanol worked the best. I can't verify these results with a dyno , just basing this on iat numbers, knock and the butt
dyno. Despite roasting my composite head gasket my stock motor survived 24 degrees peak timing without injury. Car was fast on pump, at the time I was running a dual nozzle setup. I think as temps get higher in the summer this will be a great benefit.

Well I was testing without etoh, just h20..... on pump I've tested 50/50, 100% meth and 100% water. I was testing a small #nozzle with some distilled water to cool the intake charge. It works great, from my testing the 100% methanol worked the best. I can't verify these results with a dyno , just basing this on iat numbers, knock and the butt
dyno. Despite roasting my composite head gasket my stock motor survived 24 degrees peak timing without injury. Car was fast on pump, at the time I was running a dual nozzle setup. I think as temps get higher in the summer this will be a great benefit.
I guess if you want to use it for a extra cooling like an intercooler perhaps but I think I'm going to sell mines.

I love my setup, I'm running a Devils own kit. I wouldn't sell it..... have u been on the dyno with it? Are you running e85?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back