The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

dyno questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my1st2genGSX

Proven Member
Aug 4, 2016
San Antonio, Texas
So, I have a friend that own his own shop with a fwd/rwd-Dynocom Dyno. He is planning on getting the AWD attachment by the beginning of the year, but long story short.

Is is ok to drop the rear driveshaft to dyno/tune my GSX on the dyno with no issues?

Why a coupler eliminator? Its spinning both wheels at the same speed.

My plans are to just drop the driveshaft, at the carrier bearing..

Isn't there a guy chaddata or something that has an awd dyno in SA?

Unfortunately there is only one shop in as that has a awd dyno and they only mess with subi, gtr, and evo, and evo swap tuning...I've asked them if I could being my own tuner and they shot it down.

So pretty much its a no to dyno my gsx in fwd form with out a welded diff or a coupler.

Plus I was getting confused :confused: about the while thing.

You should really just wait to dyno it with the awd running. Due to drivetrain differences, you won't get the same power at the wheels in awd as you would fwd due to more drivetrain to push the power through. Even going through the trouble to make it work in fwd, getting dyno results in fwd on an awd car is just going to give you false power numbers. Am I right on this?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back