The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dyno Day in San Bernardino

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awwww I wont have a exhuast by the 5th had to pay the credit card bill. We will just see how much power I can make. I'll just unbolt the downpipe.

Hell you proly make more whp with it unbolted! :dsm:

WE WILL MEET AT 9:30 AM. HEY, IF ANYONE HAS A DATALOGGER FOR THE 1G AND 2G PLEASE BRING IT...I'M SURE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED BY ALL OF US. :dsm:

SO WE ARE NOW ON THE HOME STRETCH AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A CHUNK OF PEEPS GOIN'. IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT PLEASE IM ME BY FRIDAY THE 7TH. I HAVE :

MYSELF
VRMAN +2
SHADOWULF
SCREAMING BEEOCH
KENETIC +1
DSMSPYDER99+1
STEEL_3D
ERIC C
MUGSY
Gen3MR2

TOTAL OF 14 AND IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO SHOW BE MY GUEST. :dsm:

HOPEFULLY ELTRACER AND BIGTIMX CAN MAKE IT TOO. :thumb:

VRMAN is researching how to disconnect the center diff to dyno on a FWD dyno.
I really dont care. Is your friends car tunable or does he just want baseline numbers? :dsm:

Hey guys I'm running into alittle problem. Well I wanted to install all my mods before saturday but such as my 660cc incjectors, 255hp fuel pump and my AFPR but I need SS lines and fittings for my AFPR. Well no none local carries the fuel rail adapter so I can conect my lines. So I'm going to have to order it online. So my car basically sits right now with no fuel mods whats so ever just a evoIII16g. Do you guys know anyone that has that fitting or what should I do? Also Larry my brother wont be able to take the 510 becuae he got stuck working on sat but if its ok a friend of mine with a gst would like to get his dynod and take his place. Also if I cant take my gst becuase of no fuel mods I might just take the 510 for fun.

DSMSpyder99 said:
if it rains heavily on Saturday. I can not see well in heavy rain with my old contacts. I will not be going because i dont get my new contacts til Tuesday. :(

Come on gentlemen, Larry set this up for us and we are really letting the group down. Spyder, do you have a friend or relative that can drive with you to the dyno if it rains?

Hey Kenetic you don't need the AFPR to dyno hell VRMAN has 780cc inj and a 50 trim and no AFPR... The fuel pump and injectors take about an hour to install. And unless your planning on running 22psi or higher there is no need to increase fuel pressure. Nor decrease it unless your having idle problems from fuel over run from your 255lpm. Now if your using a 190lpm there is no need for the AFPR with the EVO16G. I know many guys with 50 trims, and 60-1'a with stock fprs...I dont think its worth loosing out on an opportunity to dyno tune your ride when the pump injectors and S-AFC are sufficient. :dsm:

I hope you re-consider. We really need everyone to come. :dsm:

P.S if you need. I can install the pump and injectors on Saturday.

Really though DAN skip a mod and splurge on some new contacts...JK Naw man weather report calls for no rain. If it does i am also in trouble because my cars top is not fixed yey...Drip, Drip...

Ahh yeah I know it seems like I'm flakign but also my fuel pump hasnt arrived in the mail. So only thing I would have is my evoIII16g and injectors w/safc and just seems like i wont be able to get everything to its full potential. I'll try and make some phone calls to some friends if thats ok so they can take my spot. I'm still planning on commign down to just see

The tune would be beneficial anyways to get it more at max potential. We can at least hotwire your pump while you are waiting to dyno. $50 is a great deal, just come through!!

hey wassup guys, im going to be running late to dyno day ill be there between 1pm-2pm
boss wont let me out early is it cool?

Eric C
97 GS-T

I ahhh, went to jail and got my car impounded for being an idiot (not racing).

Needless to say, this Fing idiot cant afford to pay the $1000 in time to meet everyone tomorrow.

Kick me. Please. Hard. :(

its raining, anyone know if its still going on? im dont wanna head out there and no one be there

Good dyno day, guys! I was great meeting all of you, hopefully we'll see eachother at an upcoming meet. Maybe do another dyno day when we're all done with our mods, cause this is sure as hell worth it. I'm sure we all got something useful out of this.

Btw, I'm Steve, the guy from LA with the black 1g.

To the red 1g guy (VRMAN?): I looked at your logs again and it seems to me that another possibility for your bucking is a bad rpm reading. This is what your numbers look like at the end of the curve where you were bucking.

rpm 5718 5843 5937 6062 5906 6187 5937 6343
ipw 87.5 88.2 92.1 95.3 88.2 94.5 83.5 96.0
^miss ^miss

Since injector pulse width is calculated based on airflow and rpm, a bad rpm reding could also throw the numbers off. Although I'm more inclined to think that the bucking due to the maf actually slowed the rpm's down at those points. I say try a different maf and if that doesn't work look into tach wiring and ignition. Good luck.

Yes, I wanted to thank everyone who came out, and especially wanna thank Mugsy, and LAZ for helping get VR's car on the dyno, and Steve for the Logs. Thanks to Richard for all the help, and to Reggie for being so patient with us. It was great meeting all of you, and congrats to Eric C and VRMAN on the 300+WHP runs. :dsm:

Good showing by everyone, a BIG THANKS to all who helped me with this crazy project and especially Larry, Laz and larry's wife (sorry, forgot her name!) for burning alot of gas and a whole weekend to help me.

Once I fix that bucking problem, I'll be back out there shooting for 340whp!!

:thumb: :thumb: :dsm:

Hey guys its me chris, I had lots of fun and hopefully I'll be going again to the dyno soon when I get all my mods on so I can get some real numbers. It was cool meeting people in person instead of talking to a screenname. Oh and thanks larry for setting this dyno day up. Hey Larry send me a message when your going to the dyno again so I can go with you and get my car dynod hopefully by then I'll have everything on.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back