The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Dynatek ARC2 cuts 2 cylinders when hooked up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The tech mentioned in that old thread(Larry) hasn't worked there in a few years. Scott should be able to take care of it. One thing you COULD do to show that it is in the adapter or in the ARC-2 itself, would be to depin and swap the wires at the 3 pin connectors on the ARC-2 harness. If you swap the 2 wires that are for the 2 different coils on both the connector going to the coil, and the one going to the harness, then look to see which cylinders are misfiring. If it is the same cylinders still, that tells you the problem is somewhere else in your system. But if it swaps to the other cylinder pair, that pretty well proves that it is in the ARC-2/ wiring.

The tech mentioned in that old thread(Larry) hasn't worked there in a few years. Scott should be able to take care of it. One thing you COULD do to show that it is in the adapter or in the ARC-2 itself, would be to depin and swap the wires at the 3 pin connectors on the ARC-2 harness. If you swap the 2 wires that are for the 2 different coils on both the connector going to the coil, and the one going to the harness, then look to see which cylinders are misfiring. If it is the same cylinders still, that tells you the problem is somewhere else in your system. But if it swaps to the other cylinder pair, that pretty well proves that it is in the ARC-2/ wiring.

I will try that. I hope it's enough proof for them if it is on their end.

I will call again after I test brads idea. I'll also see if I can source one from a local just to test things out. Thank you for the reference

Where are you guys buying your Arc-2 and what are you paying for just the box itself? every time I try to buy one I get shipped a harness only for $150 and told that the box is like $300.

I found one for $275 that included the box, harness and 2g mounting plate on eBay. I was seeing them in the classifieds for 300-350 for everything off part outs.

What is everyone running for gaps with the ARC2? I currently have mine at .024 but can't go test it due it being winter here. I would like to have a good starting point prior to going and testing at 37psi.

On another note and more of an FYI, my car ran like crap at idle and light revving when I had it set to restrike but single strike did the trick.

Extremepsi, and they go for around $350+ for the full kit. Black Friday is the best time time to buy if you're looking for a sale.

I run .022" gap @45psi. I'm sure I could probably use stock gaps but never tried.

The guy that just sent me another cable said he could eat some of it and would do like $290 for the box itself, wasnt sure what a good deal was as I have seen them for like $120-$150 which now seems to be only the cable that people are listing falsely as the box, the ads show the box and even say blue in color and it ends up being a cable that gets shipped about four times now.

I got mine from extreme psi. $109 for the harness and $265 for the box. I took mine for a spin without the tach and it worked great. I pushed 29 psi cleanly without breakup with .028 gap. Any more and it would breakup. I didn't test much because I want my tach to work before I go crazy.

What is everyone running for gaps with the ARC2? I currently have mine at .024 but can't go test it due it being winter here. I would like to have a good starting point prior to going and testing at 37psi.

On another note and more of an FYI, my car ran like crap at idle and light revving when I had it set to restrike but single strike did the trick.

Switching to single strike SHOULD make it worse. If you think about it, why would it be worse by adding a few extra sparks after the main one? A larger plug gap can sometimes help bad idle with a CDI.

Did you verify the timing is right with a timing light?

Switching to single strike SHOULD make it worse. If you think about it, why would it be worse by adding a few extra sparks after the main one? A larger plug gap can sometimes help bad idle with a CDI.

Did you verify the timing is right with a timing light?

It was right at the beginning of last year but I haven't checked it since I put the CDI box on. I will check it when I work on it this weekend.

Just an update as to whats going on with my box. I just called Dynatek. I sent my cdi and tach adapter in to them and it got there yesterday. I talked with Scott again and he said my cdi and the tach adapter tested out fine. I told him I know the tach adapter is bad since I swapped mine out with a friend's and it was good, and that I'd be sending it right back to them if they sent the bad one back to me. I also swapped the bad one into my friend's car, and it didn't work. Scott told me "We'll see what we can do about that" and left it at that. I suppose we shall see what comes next.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back