The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DSMTuners Sponsored Greg Collier "WINS" 2005 Championship

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Collier said:
Yeah... this normal job crap really sucks. Why can't we all just be independently wealthy and play with our cars every day :rocks:

Haha I wish, aprently the guy with the ferraries is able to do it maybe we should ask him how he does it....if only. Again congrats, are you going for the hat trick next year??

Edit: just saw your reply above, ya next year will be insane because the little ol' dsm is going to be kicking some exotic car ass!!

98eclipseRS said:
Haha I wish, aprently the guy with the ferraries is able to do it maybe we should ask him how he does it....if only. Again congrats, are you going for the hat trick next year??

Edit: just saw your reply above, ya next year will be insane because the little ol' dsm is going to be kicking some exotic car ass!!

The guy with the Ferrari's believe it or not is the owner of SAMSUNG. His name is Jay Lee, and when Jay Lee talks.... his helicopter lands WTF

I still can't get over that... the guy lands in his own friggen private helicopter and jumps into one of his fleet of Ferrari's. I need to get into electronics...

Woohoo! This is great Greg, A big congratulations to you and Thanks for making my day!

I can just imagine how much fun those laps were when you knew you had the Championship and the pressure was off.

Did you feel alot of pressure knowing we were all watching?

Again man, this is great! I feel like I won something also!

Phil

pkieley said:
Woohoo! This is great Greg, A big congratulations to you and Thanks for making my day!
I can just imagine how much fun those laps were when you knew you had the Championship and the pressure was off.
Did you feel alot of pressure knowing we were all watching?
Again man, this is great! I feel like I won something also!
Phil

Thanks Phil,
Yeah... the pressure is finally off and what a relief! Having so many DNFs this season was getting a little scary along with all the repairs getting ready for the upcoming races. When my starter switch went I started to think maybe it wasn't going to happen WTF (I hate electrical malfunctions) so the last lap for the win blew away all those dark clouds of dispair.
This was definitely a win for the DSMTuner community....

Defiant said:
And, Miss Willow Springs?

There were a couple of umbrella girls... but we won't go there :shhh:

Two seasons on one motor? Amazing. Someone apparently knows more about racing than just mashing pedals. :thumb:

We had a tired back up motor, but the idea of having to change engines was exhausting. Having to add so much oil and water through the last five races was a definite sign of a failure looking to happen. We kept a close eye on compression and it really didn't seem to be blowing that much smoke. I diligently watched the oil pressure and temp gauges after every lap I ran (that's hundreds of laps). When I finally pushed it to the max it continued to perform way beyond my expectations... what a great motor :rocks:

Congrats Greg, we knew you would pull it off. Electrical problems are definately a bugger, my least favorite part about building my car. We can't wait to see some photo's of your trophy. Way to be a role model for the dsm community. :thumb:

SBstar said:
Congrats Greg, we knew you would pull it off. Electrical problems are definately a bugger, my least favorite part about building my car. We can't wait to see some photo's of your trophy. Way to be a role model for the dsm community. :thumb:

I appreciate the good words. It's important for me to finish what I started... Winning another championship was "way" beyond my expectations, but it's definitely a cool way to finish the season ROFL :rocks: ROFL

All I can say is wow. This is QUITE the accomplishment, and something that inspires me further. I'm still amazed how the flying banana has done so well for so long. I think that is an obvious tribute to how great a driver you really are!

Thanks for the season, it felt like we were right there with you!

Greg Collier said:
I appreciate the good words. It's important for me to finish what I started... Winning another championship was "way" beyond my expectations, but it's definitely a cool way to finish the season ROFL :rocks: ROFL
And, the Series will now have to double your winnings purse next season! :thumb:

:toobad:

drivemusicnow said:
All I can say is wow. This is QUITE the accomplishment, and something that inspires me further. I'm still amazed how the flying banana has done so well for so long. I think that is an obvious tribute to how great a driver you really are!
Thanks for the season, it felt like we were right there with you!

I can't wait to soon be reading your commentaries Greg :thumb:

Defiant said:
And, the Series will now have to double your winnings purse next season! :thumb:
:toobad:

Wouldn't that be a dream ;) If I could recoup half of what I've spent to date, I too could be landing in a helicopter 15 minutes before qualifying OMG

Greg Collier said:
Did I just talk to you on GRM? :shhh: As far as the three-peat is concerned... wouldn't that be cool? It's never been done before. I know next years Super Unlimited class is suppose to be insane with big time, big $, cars.

Yeah, I was there too. I've been working for the past three years on getting my car up to the level of a credible track day car. Hopefully next summer I'll be ready to tear it up at Lime Rock or Pocono.

Greg Collier said:
OK Kyle... your on a run, and I want to keep hearing those updates regarding your mods!

And yeah, I was surprised with the little damage to the front end fiberglass myself. It took a major hit... must a been that one bolt that was missing in the bottom assembly that helped it flex a little :shhh:

G ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Will do partner. Alot of it hinges on the decision made by my primary sponsor. That could take it from dream build to budget build in a hurry, we'll just have to see who all we can get on board this year. I hate whoring the car out, but it's in the name of speed so I can't say no ROFL

Congrats Greg. :thumb: You should be very proud of yourself. You've made a lot of people rethink their assumptions about what a turbo, front-wheel-drive car can do on a road course. I know I'm very impressed. Great job and I know you've inspired many (myself included) to try road racing. I'm taking some lessons next month at The Next Level racing school (www.e-t-races.com) and I'm going to do some hpde's next year.

Thanks, Mike.

stealthTT said:
Congrats Greg. :thumb: You should be very proud of yourself. You've made a lot of people rethink their assumptions about what a turbo, front-wheel-drive car can do on a road course. I know I'm very impressed. Great job and I know you've inspired many (myself included) to try road racing. I'm taking some lessons next month at The Next Level racing school (www.e-t-races.com) and I'm going to do some hpde's next year.

Thanks, Mike.

That sounds sweet Mike, I know you'll get hooked once you hit the track. Seat time is the most important thing you can do... Let me know how it goes :thumb:

Congratulations Greg! :D

With as much dedication, desire, and skill as you have, it's no doubt that good things would come your way. Fortune favors the decisive and prepared. Congrats again on a great year and great racing!

:thumb:

Tevenor said:
Congratulations Greg! :D

With as much dedication, desire, and skill as you have, it's no doubt that good things would come your way. Fortune favors the decisive and prepared. Congrats again on a great year and great racing!

:thumb:

Thank you Sean,

Coming from the proven caliber of driver you are, your comments mean a lot to me...

Greg

:D so happy for ya. and you literally had me crack a HUGE smile across my face when you wrote, "At this very moment as I’m writing this all I can remember is I was going faster then shit."

haha. awesome.
congrats!

nuggets said:
:D so happy for ya. and you literally had me crack a HUGE smile across my face when you wrote, "At this very moment as I’m writing this all I can remember is I was going faster then shit."
haha. awesome.
congrats!

If I would have had a backup car sitting in the wings I probably would've been a little less cautious. It really felt good to finally hammer down :sneaky:

Greg :D

Greg, you truly do represent the spirit of what this site is all about. You set an example we all strive to follow, whether the goal is road course racing, drag strip, autoX, rally, whatever. You go out and race, and in your spare time, you come in here and tell everyone about your experience, helping others and inspiring us all to go out and do something with our cars. No BS, no harsh attitude. Just a love for racing and the willingness to help others without belittling them. You're a stand-up guy with nothing to prove to anybody but yourself and you treat everyone as your equal - even though many here worship the ground that you walk on. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here when I say that it's great having you represent the DSM community as a series champion.

Again, I appreciate you spending your spare time here inspiring others to go out and race legally. Hopefully we can get more members to follow in your steps. I know I'm working in that direction myself with our NASA group out here in CO.

:rocks:

Very well put Chris. I'm trying to do my part here locally as well, but all these dsm guys just want to go in a straight line ROFL . That and NASA is making me re-do my entire setup for the car just to be safe enough. No factory harnesses means 5 points, modified stock seat doesn't pass so racing seat is needed, non-folding fia legal racing seat means I need to have a roll cage. It's amazing how fast $1000 can be eaten up WTF.

Oh well if there's one place to spend your money its safety, btw Greg do you run a Hans device in your car?

Ludachris said:
Greg, you truly do represent the spirit of what this site is all about. You set an example we all strive to follow, whether the goal is road course racing, drag strip, autoX, rally, whatever. You go out and race, and in your spare time, you come in here and tell everyone about your experience, helping others and inspiring us all to go out and do something with our cars. No BS, no harsh attitude. Just a love for racing and the willingness to help others without belittling them. You're a stand-up guy with nothing to prove to anybody but yourself and you treat everyone as your equal - even though many here worship the ground that you walk on. I'm sure I can speak for everyone here when I say that it's great having you represent the DSM community as a series champion.
Again, I appreciate you spending your spare time here inspiring others to go out and race legally. Hopefully we can get more members to follow in your steps. I know I'm working in that direction myself with our NASA group out here in CO.
:rocks:

Wow Chris, you're making me blush :coy: I discovered years ago that it's real easy to be negative and that you really have to bust your balls to be positive. You create your own opportunities so telling someone to eat dirt, or their ideas suck, only closes those doors. Everybody has value and sometimes you just have to listen a little harder to hear what they're saying! If I'm not learning something new every day, I might as well be dead, it's my choice... OMG

Again Chris, thank you for your good words!

Greg ROFL ROFL

mavisky said:
Oh well if there's one place to spend your money its safety, btw Greg do you run a Hans device in your car?

You'll kick ass Kyle...

And yes, I've been wearing a HANS devise for over a year. I mean it's only my frigging brain, but what the hell. When the ASC driver died at Buttonwillow a couple of years back it really rattled my cage. NASA will be requiring a head and neck restraint of some sort for 2006, they may even be requiring the HANS, it hasn't all been sorted out yet. What scares the crap out of me is "fire" OMG I had an engine fire a few years back and when your car fills up with smoke it's real freaky. I have a six nozzle fire suppresion system in my car now. The engine bay and whole interior of the car will fill up with foam at this point :sneaky:

Better safe then DEAD... I always say

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back