The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G DSMlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXvsTSI

Proven Member
Aug 11, 2015
Pleasant Grove, Utah
My AF Ratio Est does not match up with my open loop target AFR. Have any of you had this? It is the worst at idle(should be 14.7 but it says 11.3) so the fuel trims are adding a ton of fuel to my car(tuned at 14.7 without the effects of the fuel trims). Should I turn off STFT at idle?

Attachments

• AFRatioEstjacked.elg
    12.8 KB · Views: 54
The car runs pretty good in openloop. It's a SD setup. I have fic 1650 injectors in and the injectors are set at 1650. I can try lowering the injector size.

The link below shows what I got from FIC on the latency for the injectors. I put those numbers in the direct access InjBatteryAdj. But in the fuel tab I have the global fuel as -73 and the deadtime as 0. Do I need to change the deadtime to somewhere around 500?

Attachments

• 4 cyl 1650 low z 7-10-2013.pdf
    132.4 KB · Views: 58
I almost always get my injector deadtime settings from tuning idle. I'm on my phone so I can't look at the log, but from your post I'd start from ground 0 with your idle tuning. Make sure you BISS is set correctly, adust fueling to get Airflowperrev per rev in the .25 range, then adjust the deadtime to get AFR back in line. Setting AFR per rev is key. Once you get that, then you set deadtime.

Thanks Nate. Just went back through checking over the simple stuff and my biss is not set correctly, neither is my Airflowperrev. Looks like you found the problem. Thank you.

While I was taking the TB apart I tested to see if the IAC valve went in and out when the car was turned to the on position then back to the off. It just twists a little side to side with no movement in or out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back