The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Dsmkauai's (Sleepy G) 91 gvr4 #1633

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Some pics

Last edited:
Well things have drastically changed for the galant build! My jeep which was my daily took a dump on me and I don't think its worth or safe to fix, the car is just to far gone. It's always been my back up car so maybe I can fix it and have it as that again, but we will see. Anyway on to the good stuff! I need a new daily driver so what better than my gvr4! I had already been stock piling parts for it to get it race ready. So this week I got the dba brakes installed over the new bearings and 5 lug hubs, fp walbro 255 (silent pump). I installed the evo8 struts on swift 1.5" drop springs. And now am able to use my 17" ssr wheels with brand new 225/45/17 hankooks on them! Car should really handle nice and be a Great daily. I also have another order with jnz coming with abs delete kit, full timing and seal kit, new hoses and belts. And I'll probably throw the a/c back in to have the ultimate sleeper daily driver!! :) More updates soon!

Last edited:
At least he knows what the first "evo" was. I wonder how many GVR4's actually made it to Hawaii? Seems like you got real lucky first finding it, then getting it for a bargain :)

I heard years ago there was another white vr4. I heard it got hit at the race track and slammed into the wall and flipped over. And then I guess it went to the crusher from what I was told. Ya bro I wouldn't call it luck, more like blessed that I found it LOL! Its crazy that the car was still in one piece after sitting for so long. Stoked that's for sure!! Well off to the shop to do the clucth! Praying everything goes smooth can't wait to feel the south bend grab the power!

Got my new clutch setup installed last night! I went with a act streetlite flywheel, act 2100 pp and south bend b-series disc. Already I can tell this setup is going to work out amazing for my needs. I media blasted both pp and flywheel to help with break in. The only thing I want to do is change the master and slave, they looked like they had seen better days LOL. Other then that it feels really nice super grabby. I can't wait till after break-in!! :) I also swapped 3 of 4 motor mounts for full prothane inserts. I'll do the 4th when I do the timing belt. Cars coming to together really nice!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Thanks man! I already love driving this car! And with all my mods so far its really becoming a great handling car. Unfortunately I haven't been able to drive it. My master and slave can't handle the new clutch and leak really bad LOL. So thankfully I have a huge box arriving tomorrow to add to it all and fix my clutch issues. Will be full abs delete kit from jnz. Full Timing belt kit, and bsek, master and slave cylinder and new ss clutch line master to slave. Also new coolant hoses and thermostat, fuel pump rewire kit. And a few other small things I noticed that they had and I could use. Should be a pretty solid car after all this pm stuff!! Updates and pics soon!

All I can say is wow what a difference the cop setup made! Way better than the 20+ year old coil packs on there before haha. It starts up faster and better. It idles smoother and pulls real nice and strong at 17-18psi. Such a good upgrade to do I love it!! :)

Super clean man. Looks really good.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Getting a lot done with the galant! Got the motor and trans out and doing tons of work! So far I've rebuilt the steering rack, worked on 14b, cleaning and repainting everything I can! Once my new head gets here the motor will be gone thru and then everything can go back in.

Dsmkauai updated Dsmkauai's 91 gvr4 #1633

View updates to this DSM profile...[DOUBLEPOST=1412239105][/DOUBLEPOST]Moving along nicely. Should have the motor done in the next few days! Got alittle more work on the car while the motors out but should be back in by next week. Steering rack is done and back in the car and so far no leaks, car is cleaning up great no rust!!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back