The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Dsm gods bent me over

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
As some of you may know Ive been switching over to a t3 setup with a ball bearing pte 6266. Long story short I was about to start the car when I remembered I needed to remove the old 4an fitting from the ofh. So to remove it I had to remove the dummy light sensor. Everything was going to plan when all of sudden I heard a CRACK. Nothing was evident at first, so I started the car and oil was pouring out of a large crack by the sensor port. So I removed everything and welded the port shut and it reinstalled it and its holding. Because I refuse to half ass anything I ordered a oil cooler housing from the 1990 and im going to remove the water line. Like they say, never half ass anything, only whole ass it.

Cars finished otherwise, I can tell the cars breathing better even when starting it. The engine feels more rev happy.

Attachments

• IMG_2498.JPG
    IMG_2498.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2496.JPG
    IMG_2496.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2502.JPG
    IMG_2502.JPG
    267.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2504.JPG
    IMG_2504.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 128
@amsrn13 What setup did you have before this? I've seriously considered ditching the bolt on housing HX35 and going to something like an Hy35. Just wondering if you could provide some feedback comparing your two setups. Thanks.

The car is looking great....I am kinda partial but nice man! We all have these little grimlins like you. I wish I had remembered doing the same thing on mine after I read your post. You got it just a hair too tight didn't you? All in all I think you had better be prepaired for a very quick car if its anything like mine. Are you still on gas?

The car is looking great....I am kinda partial but nice man! We all have these little grimlins like you. I wish I had remembered doing the same thing on mine after I read your post. You got it just a hair too tight didn't you? All in all I think you had better be prepaired for a very quick car if its anything like mine. Are you still on gas?
C16 currently , the car feels so much more rev happy since ditching the stocking housing. It's amazing

@amsrn13 What setup did you have before this? I've seriously considered ditching the bolt on housing HX35 and going to something like an Hy35. Just wondering if you could provide some feedback comparing your two setups. Thanks.
I was running a Fp manifold and Fp black. I honestly can't believe the differance. Ok assuming it's the reduction in backpressure. I'm running a t3 .82ar exhaust housing.....never go back

Very nice man! Diggin the new setup. Go ahead and dyno it or show us a 3rd gear pull in link :D
I meant to ask you guys, what are you running for a catch can? Right now im running a jmfab can but I removed the filter and capped it, made a baffle inside. So basically im running two 10an lines off the valve cover to the can and one 6an line from the intake as a vacuum source. Would it be better to just run the atmosphere?

I'm from the world which believes a sealed system connected to a vacuum source is superior to venting to atmosphere. It's a much better setup & will work more efficiently.

I meant to ask you guys, what are you running for a catch can? Right now im running a jmfab can but I removed the filter and capped it, made a baffle inside. So basically im running two 10an lines off the valve cover to the can and one 6an line from the intake as a vacuum source. Would it be better to just run the atmosphere?

Calan. Two 10an from vc to catch can, then one 12an to intake pipe.

I need to get my baffles welded in, I can weld aluminum but this cast shit it terrible to weld. I don't want to ruin my valve cover. My new ofh came in today, I went with the 1990 and im going to run the b@m oil cooler. I don't trust the mighty max ....im hearing people had issues with oil pressure?

I also run a Calan can, Single -12an from VC to catch can and -12an to the intake pipe. The catch can works great and does it's job well. I would highly recommend a Calan can!

I run forward facing ofh. No oil pressure problems once ported. I run atmosphere catch can. in all honestly it doesnt matter what you run as long as crankcase pressure is relieved.

I recall a member on here years ago actually measuring the crank case pressure with a MAP sensor on WOT pulls with various setups. Connected to the intake was by far the best.

What about those without intakes? Jeff bush john shephard boostin performance. Sfwd guys. I think if it was that much of a difference theyd run some kind of vacuum source. Im not trying to start an arguement believe me. Im just saying two 10an hoses on a valve cover vented to atmosphere should be all you need. If you have that much blow by then maybe the engine needs to be looked at.

I run forward facing ofh. No oil pressure problems once ported. I run atmosphere catch can. in all honestly it doesnt matter what you run as long as crankcase pressure is relieved.
Porting?I watched a video on youtube, the user described the issue being the small hole near the pressure regulator spring assembly. He believed it was bleeding off all of the pressure causing low oil pressure?

Tmrw is the big day. I overnighted the 1990 housing and an 8an oil cooler setup. Just gotta tig up some brackets and get the housing on. Gunna take the bi*** out for a rip. My first bb turb0 :D

Yea i've seen that video. Nope. I had oil pressure through the roof. 100+ psi over 3k rpms. New oil pump, bse, new ofh, 15w40 oil. Ported the hell out of it and finally got it down to normal levels. Im wondering on my new set up how high it will be with squirters deleted. Might have to trim the spring a bit

Im still waiting for my cylinder head to return. Im jealous Amsrn13. I got my gt35r just sitting here waiting to go. We should meet up when the weather gets nice. Be cool to meet someone who dont own a honda LOL.

I run the FFWD oil filter housing. No balance shafts WOT oil pressure is 85 psi with warm 10W40. warm idle is 15 psi, at 950 rpm. Make sure to let us know how that new setup runs, and share logs if you dont mind!

Im still waiting for my cylinder head to return. Im jealous Amsrn13. I got my gt35r just sitting here waiting to go. We should meet up when the weather gets nice. Be cool to meet someone who dont own a honda LOL.
I'm down , once everything is situated and the weather is better. Is your turbo bb? Is your head out getting built?

Yeah dbb. I sent the head out to strictly motorsports to get oversize valves put in and freshen it up. I was originally going to just replace the valve seals and keep it going but i got a good deal on os valves and bronze guides.

I need to get my baffles welded in, I can weld aluminum but this cast sh** it terrible to weld. I don't want to ruin my valve cover. My new ofh came in today, I went with the 1990 and im going to run the b@m oil cooler. I don't trust the mighty max ....im hearing people had issues with oil pressure?

That is the cooler I am running, and I just relocated it to the stock SMIC area. It fits very nice, and my lines go over the FMIC and over the bumper mounts right to the new location. I needed 10' of 8AN line to get there tho so if you have only the line from the kit you will have to find a closer place to mount it. I just finished this last week. I need to tilt the cooler just a bit to catch more air and hang it with some strapping and it's done. I need to clean up the area too.
I can't wait for some results of your build, keep us posted!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back