The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Drivetrain Shuddering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyderdrifter

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 11, 2009
Somewhere in, Colorado
Recently I posted about using a mismatched tire. I knew I could damage my drivetrain, but options didn't exist at that point. Only drove it twice with the mismatched tire at lower speeds and for no more than 5 miles distance. Even with that I knew the potential risk, but like I said, no options. Now that I got a proper size back on, I still have drivetrain shuddering when back up. Also since all this happened, I've had the constant sound of brake pads dragging on the rotors. I'm hoping it is just the brakes since it gets louder when I hit the brake pedal. Is this shuddering feel possibly the rear diff, or almost certain the center diff being damaged? My car also feels really notchy going into gear most of the time now if that makes any difference, although I think the clutch pedal may just need readjustment.

I would think more the center diff, cause that would get more effected than anything else .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back