The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Dorman cam angle sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jermoturbo

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2006
Allentown, Pennsylvania
So, i need to get another cam angle sensor for my 90 4g63t. I've priced the oem and it is rediculously expensive, but I found a Dorman replacement cam angle sensor for much cheaper. I would like to know if anybody here has used the Dorman version or knows someone that has. Is it a remanufactured oem piece? Any problems using it? Thanks in advance.

never heard of them I see lots of oem parts for sale cheap grab one and skip the new ones, mines never went bad had a couple of dsms in over 20 years never replaced one.

Keep in mind that the 90 CAS has a wire pigtail not a connector on the CAS so finding a replacement with unbroken wires at the JY is a challenge.

I typically recommend modifying the engine harness so you can use the 91+ CAS on the 90 cars.

Last edited:
You could also get a plug in adapter harness to go from the 91-94 CAS and plug in to the 90 harness.

Sweet. Thanks for the tips, guys!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back