Door won't open from inside or outside!

Posted by Kinetic Boost, Sep 5, 2010
Maintenance & Repairs - Oil choices, timing belt, setting timing, CV boot replacement, alternator servicing, fuse/relay checks, and other basic maintenance, repair and diagnosis discussions.

1. Kinetic Boost

Kinetic Boost Proven Member

Long Beach, California
    So I started having some problems with my passenger door were sometimes it wouldn't want to lock. From there it escalated to it not wanting to open up from the inside. Few days ago I tried opening up my passenger door and my door handle broke off! :ohdamn: I tried opening the door from the inside but now I'm not able to open it up from the inside either. I bought myself the door handle repair kit but am stuck with no way to really open the door to get it fixed. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! :thumb:
  2. ktgurl87

ktgurl87 Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Elizabeth City, North_Carolina
    is your outside door handle broke off enough to where you can see the lil cable or whatever that opens the door? see if you can pull on it
  3. black_eclipse96

black_eclipse96 Proven Member

Vernon, Texas
    pull your window seal ( the one on the inside) you can see the mechanism from there. now get a wire hanger and bend it so it's shaped like a L. you should be able to open the door from there.:thumb:
  4. fatalreaction

fatalreaction Proven Member

Sioux City, Iowa
    or you could try to pop off the inner door panel, since youll need it off to do the repair anyway, from the inside and pull the rod that goes to the latch..
  5. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Anywhere, Pennsylvania
    You cannot remove door panel with the door closed. However you can remove the door handle bezel and attempt to work with the latches back there.