The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Does anyone know what brand/model these struts are?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decathect

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 5, 2009
Denver, Colorado
These came with my car that was formerly a stage rally car, so they very likely could be rally struts.

No markings on them. Not adjustable. Can't tell if the adjustable sleeves were added later, I can't get them to budge.

Very high damping coefficient. Wondering what the heck they are!

Did they make non adjustable AGXs?

Attachments

• struts.jpg
    struts.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 119
Those look like GABs made by KYB. The spring hat was cut off an replaced with coilover sleve. I've done exactly the same with KYB AGX for my rally car. From what i know higher and better dumping rates than AGX for rally. Sleve and perch look loke the ones i got at TAD from Barrington IL 10yrs ago :)

Yep, I believe you are right. They are the 'tarmac' version of the strut, I believe. Compression damping is super high, strut is really tall, made the front of the car a bit harsh at the last race. Worked pretty well but i feel I can do better.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back