The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Does anybody make 1g awd manual solid motor mount inserts anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeb

Proven Member
Apr 6, 2016
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
If so, could you reply with a lead? Most people I asked said they either don't do it anymore or only made them for personal use..

Im shooting for 600awhp (550 realistically since my turbo is only .63 ar..) and right now I have red prothanes which I think are 75a..

I was going to get the avid tuner series.. If i did that I guess it would be mainly for looks since they're 75a also

...so if I can get solids, that would be awesome..

Thanks guys.

Wouldn't the car launch better, shift better, and all but kill engine "slopiness" that sometimes occurs in higher hp builds?

Not sure. Never had or built a higher hp car like this my last dsm was only like maybe 320-350 whp. But that had stock mounts..

And I'm in mid build but while I have the engine out i wanna make a choice. Either keep these, sell these and get the avid tuners.. (189 for 4 pc is a good deal) or find someone with solids...

I don't see any reason to get solids my prothanes feel pretty damn solid. There's almost zero deflection with those damn things. Last time I put my engine in I had to leave them loose and play around with the hoist in order to get the bolts in then go around and tighten them.
Have you driven a car with all prothane mounts ? I would think that if solid mounts were better or necessary for high horsepower some vendor would have some available.

Once a dodge neon rt LOL like a 1995 or something. So basically take that as a no LOL... Like I said, mine has them and I've had the car like a year and a half but I never drove it once yet. I can't wait for that first then over.

I'm sure you don't want solid mount for the reason that you want some kind of buffer in there so you don't twist things that should be twisted. I have a buddy that builds mud trucks, he had a truck they solid mounted to the frame. First time out he hit the gas and ended up twisting the frame. Too much torque and not enough give where it needed it. Since I found out years ago about a niffy little can at the part store, I've just window weld all my mounts. I've never had any problems out of them. The car I have now came with poly inserts, but I still like my window weld. The tube of window weld cost under $30 and I've gotten 6 mounts out of 1 tube before. Here's some pictures for you. The last picture is the front mount with crappy inserts. It's my next window weld victim.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any competant fabricator can do these out of aluminum or steel. They are not some mythical part. It is only metal. You can shape it and form it anyway your imagination see content.

Your best bet is to just have some made, I had my local welder make me some for the front and rear. Just dropped the stock mounts off and he made solid steel copies for $100.

Just the front and rear is plenty, honestly the front alone is probably more than sufficient. All four being solid would probably create a headache when trying to line them all up.

Window weld works for a time I've used it before my only issue is that probably a year after I did it, I took a few of the mounts off and the window weld fell out of the mounts. It didn't stick to the rubber mount. For as cheap as prothanes are and how long it takes to cure it's actually faster to do prothanes and over time cheaper.

But hey its your car do what you want, cut some steel and weld up the mounts then drill a hole through it. It's not rocket science.

I've never had that issue before but I've always degreased the mounts and filled them up from one side to the other and feathered the ends. I had one on a car for five years. But I guess it's personal preference.

Any competant fabricator can do these out of aluminum or steel. They are not some mythical part. It is only metal. You can shape it and form it anyway your imagination see content.

Yeah I know that's why i wonder why not more people have them for sale.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back