The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

dodge stealth v6 into 93 talon dl... is it practical/possible??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomaster1990

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2009
Ocala, Florida
im about to buy a 93 dodge stealth from a friend of mine, and im wondering how hard, if possible,it would be to take the v6 mitsu motor out of the stealth and put it in my 93 talon dl. the stealth is a friggan rocketship but its ugly as sin. my talon is slow as smell, but its like a bond car. the women love it, the dudes want it, whatever. im not scared of fabbing anything i nesd to, im just wondering if anyone has seen this done. :hellyeah:

Well your looking at a looonnggg haul of work. Measuring to see if it will fit. Getting both motors then gutting the engine bay. Taking the mounts from the stealth and getting them in the Talon Which needs to be done with exact math, and very very good welding. Then having to change the wiring harness from the Stealth to the Talon including the ecu and the pcm(not sure exactly how the stealth works. but every bit of computer will need to match up with the engine) and there are gearbox things to sort out. The whole clutch setup from the stealth needs to go with the that transmission. Then there are the shifter cables they I'm sure are not going to be the same length. Maybe even the shifter its self will have to go to the talon. Also how wide is the Stealth and how wide is the Talon? If the stealth is wider then it might be pointless to even try such a thing. Unless you maybe widened the back end of the Talon And fit the front end from the stealth underneath the Talon(That would not be easy) The radiator would need to be switched over, A/C (You could hook it up but F*** that. (Roll the window down.) Fuel pump will need to be changed as well. Hook up the wires turn it over see if it works.
I think that kinda sums it up gives you an idea of what you looking at.
I think If you want to make the Talon faster just rip the block apart and start putting bitchen internals in that thing. Then your Talon will be faster Then the Stealth and you wouldn't of taken the stealth apart! Saving its life.
But if ya did do it And ya really don't care about spending the money. Put it in the trunk or in the back seat. (Depending on what kind of driving your planing on doing.) Sounds ludacris I know but so is just the swap... period! Is almost the same thing really your taking something that dosnt belong and shoving it in there! It would take forever. But I wouldn't put it down. Taking something one way and then making it you own way Is much more interesting then following any blue print.

Hope this helps and best of luck

Just read an article last night on here of a guy tackling this exact build right now. hes already got the motor and trans in it. Hes running into alot of clearence issues and is in the process of fabbing up motor mounts and then tackling wiring and drivetrain, suspension. He also ha s afew pictures posted. If you decide to tackle this you won't be alone.
Use the search button. You'd be surprised what you will find on here.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/350751-eclipse-talon-6g72tt-awd-swap-pics-added.html

If this is the real deal...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6qeJxxq3_Y0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6qeJxxq3_Y0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Stealths/3000GT's are the sweetness against the DSM in this build era, esp with the twin turbo road rocket version.

Now, why would you want to cut up a car that has some good collectable value down the road as well as in the exotic line for Mitsu just to drop the motor in a POS base Talon that ain't worth the penny no matter how old it is..?

Let someone else get that car and cherish it as it is...just plain retarded to even think of cutting up a 3000GT.

-DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back