The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

DIY 1g dsm metal upper radiator hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you have busted your upper radiator hose, and you are wanting to get a metal pipe kit such as the one offered by jmfab, but don't want to spend 100$+ for it; this post is for you.

Items needed:

1g n/t water pipe
Couplers(or an old radiator hose to cut up to make couplers)
Angle grinder/sawzaw or hack saw

Recommended:

Wire wheel (to give a brushed metal look)
Saftey glasses

Procedure:

First thing is first; take your water pipe and hold up to your thermostat housing to see how far to cut it. The bends in the pipe are perfect to make it reach the radiator.

Next just cut the pipe, and file down rough edges.

Finally, clean the pipe up and use either couplers (1.25") or pieces of your old radiator hose to hold the pipe on. I just used a wire wheel to give it a brushed look but you may polish it to match your aluminum radiator if you'd like.

I will post pictures as soon as I can. Hope you liked this simple DIY!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back