The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

General Dies With Maf Plugged In

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoked28

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 14, 2012
Keystone Heights, Florida
Hi, guys!

After a few years of being out of the DSM scene, I finally picked up a 2G TSI AWD yesterday as a project. The guy I got it from had 3 DSM's. He said the MAF on the one he was selling was bad, so he unplugged it and hooked his DSM Link up to the car. It started right up and idled okay (very rich because it wasn't tuned to this car). However, as soon as he would plug in the MAF the car would die right away. The car has an HX35 turbo and 1200 cc injectors, so I know I'll need a way to tune it. The car has a black box ECU, so I was going to go about tuning with ECUFlash. He gave me literally 6 MAF's that he said were all bad. He told me I would need to get a new 2g MAF, hook up the black box ECU and get it tuned for it to start and run correctly. Does anyone have an opinion on this before I buy a new MAF? It just seems hard to believe that all 6 of these MAF's are bad. Could there be something else that is likely prohibiting it from starting? It just turns over, never really tries to start. Any help is much appreciated.

A pic of the engine bay for reference.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back