The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Designing and Fabricating transfer case cover/brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
I have been thinking about this for awhile now and Ive decided to make my own out of 6061 or potentially something stronger like titanium. Im fully aware you can purchase these from frontline and magnus but Id figured what the hell. One of my ex gfs best friends father has his own machine shop with several cncs/ lathes etc and he loves doing prototyping and designing. He has alot of scrap aluminum and titanium for us to work with. I plan to start work on tuesday. Ill be sure to keep updating id anyones interested. I forgot to ask, does boostin make a 300m output shaft for the transfer case? I looked on the website and couldnt find anything.

It's pretty easy to make your own. 1/4" mild steel plate with 2 45° bends to go down to the tailshaft and some standoffs. Look at Jeff Bush's transfercase brace. Very easily duplicated.

I wouldn't trust aluminum unless it was very thick.

Last edited:
The frontline brace is made out of billet al yes? Most of the people ive talked to have said that most of the strenght needs to be at the cover as the bearing surface rides there... otherwise its just for stiffining purposes.

Well he says his brace has hit 100s 1.2 - 1.3 60fts and never broke a t case. If his design is good enough for 7s, it's good enough for me.

Also it's the flexing/twisting of the case that allows the gears to spread and crack the cover. The way i see it is to prevent the flexing from happening in the first place and you won't have that problem.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back