The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

defi water temp gauge reads different than evoscan

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse012

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2008
canada, AB_Canada
So I have been battling this water temp situation on and off for this whole season and part of last. I spent a ton of time opening up the front of my cars air flow as well as boxing in the fmic to the radiator with adding a bit of ducting. I just read in a thread a couple weeks ago that while logging with evoscan, I should be logging the coolant scaled value and not just the regular coolant temp? The scaled is what the ecu see's? So if this is true then my temps are fine and i'm in the ball park being in the 200-205 degree region give or take a few. So I might have done all this extra work for nothing.

Now the only issue I have is that I am still unsure to why the Defi water temp gauge I installed is still reading at 220+ or more at times while evoscans scaled temp says it around the 205 to 210 ish. I installed the sensor to the defi water temp gauge into the water neck of the thermostat housing. Anyone know why i get different readings between the two? I assume the defi gauge is true and the ecu converts it to which ever else and maybe in the process it alters the temp a bit? Is there a way to get the defi racer gauge to read the same? Or do i just have deal with knowing there is a 15+- degree difference on the gauge reading at all times?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back