The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

DD Black Devil Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a91eagletalon

Supporting Member
Aug 24, 2005
Norfolk, Nebraska
Ok to start off this is my first journal. The is a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Animal This car is great but i am kind of starting in the middle of the build the car already is fast will do like 11.3 sec ¼ on street tires but I decided to tare a perfectly great running cars engine bay apart and paint it black to match the rest of the car the engine bay is dark blue right now. Just thought I would start a build journal on this and down the road I may throw some engine up grades in. this car is the 3rd DSM I have owned. This buy no mean will be a show car because my plane is to use this as my DD and drive it every ware to the store to work to the track and what not it will be my only car. Mind you it will still be kept nice and well maintenanced. I will also be putting the a/c and power steering back in the car. So here we go.
DSC00703.JPG

This is pre tare down stage.

got a few update pics not much sorry forgot to take pics pulling the motor but we have all seen that a time or two. got it all power washed. I now have to do some body work on the front frame part to fix some hack job the last guy did trying to fit the fmic

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00721.JPG

DSC00723.JPG

DSC00724.JPG

Some ugly that ia have to fix from the last guy that owned it.
DSC00725.JPG

more ugly
DSC00726.JPG

DSC00727.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

made a couple patch panels
DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG

Welded in the patch panels and sanded all the ugly away.

DSC00730.JPG

DSC00731.JPG

somewhat good as new

Ready for paint. now I have never painted a car before but I think I did a decent job of masking of so I don't get and over spray. ow and did you see my wiring harness matrix I got hanging from the celling (witch is a patented process buy the way LOL) kind of weird but it works

DSC00745.JPG

DSC00747.JPG

DSC00748.JPG

DSC00749.JPG

DSC00750.JPG

Got 2 coats of primer on ready for black paint tomorrow.
DSC00752.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00751.JPG
    DSC00751.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 93
Just got my parts back from power coat Friday (only 85$ for all the parts)

so I installed new energy suspension bushings in the control arms and the sub frame

replaced the old ball joint with new moog ones

removed and replaced the wheel bearings.(when I took apart the wheel hub I found that one of the inner races had spun on the inner wheel hub and ruined it so I just repaired it and went on with life then I had it powder coated and them put it back together. and also replaced the seals.

I hope to get these parts installed today.

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1408216103][/DOUBLEPOST]and also got the engine bay painted. Now my favorite part reinstall :D

DSC00755.JPG

DSC00756.JPG

I used the under the hood black under the hood;) and the truck bed coating for the wheel wells
DSC00757.JPG

Last edited:
i did something kind of cool with my break lines maybe other people have done them this way or not but I thought it was cool I used some fabric heat shrink tubing and covered my break lines and clutch lines in it to give it a woven fabric look let me know what you think. also got the sub frame in just doing some detail work before I put the motor back in and then I will asses the wiring.

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00788.JPG

Above:what it looks like as I am shrinking it the tubing has a 2:1 ratio below:is what I use to heatshrink it
DSC00789.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

DSC00791.JPG

Ok so I am sorry I haven't updated this but there have been a few changes I did end up getting theotor back in the car and got it running and dam did it ever run good I did my best with the 16g I had on it prettyuch maxed out the potential

So I had a unfortunate problem I ended up destroying the tranny that was in the car pulled to motor again replaced the mltranny with a stage 3 shep dropped it back in and good to go

Well not so lucky because a few months down the road I striped the center disk on the clutch so I pulled the motor again

Well this Tim the motor is not going to be going back in the same as it cam out its up grade time

I have a few things in the car I forgot to take pics of but I can get them later but I will try from here on out to post all my steps

Here is a little side not on the DNP I am going to use

I wanted to run a external wasgate and I wanted to run it off the manifold and the manifold did not have a port for the wastgate

SO

I made one here are a few pics I took of the process

IMG_0968.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back