The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Celtic Blue awd swapped 2.0L hx-40

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car looks great. There was a car in Austin Tx that looked exactly like yours in 97-98. Color,wheels everything. Pretty crazy actually.

means a lot coming from you, appreciate the kind words. that is wild though, i've spent two years trying to make my vision come to life and it seems someone beat me to it 15 years ago! I got a few more things I'm about to do to the car and make it stand out a little more, I'm glad it's already getting such a strong response though on the forums and in my community

Looks awesome! Can you add a picture of your engine bay? I'm curious as to how you have your overflow. I ran my piping in a similar way to the VRSF kit.

yeah gladly man, i've been meaning to but it's hard to find a good day for pictures lately! and my engine bay is so dusty cause it's done a lot of sitting lately from waiting on shops for this and that, but i'll clean up my valve cover and snap a picture or two of it. I did use a 2g nt coolant overflow though, and i bent my stock overflow bracket backwards and managed to stuff the new overflow about where the old one is

Very clean man. I have a celtic blue Eclipse too, did you paint it d9u or b59? Where did you buy the paint from also? I'm looking to repaint mine, my paint code of celtic blue is d9u.

Very clean man. I have a celtic blue Eclipse too, did you paint it d9u or b59? Where did you buy the paint from also? I'm looking to repaint mine, my paint code of celtic blue is d9u.

Appreciate that, I went with b59 I'm not familiar with the d9u. My painter supplied my paint, but if I had more time I would've went to mitsubishi and got the paint directly from them. As for choosing my paint, I went to paintscratch.com and picked out paint codes as they were offered on there because I knew I wanted something OEM.
http://www.thefrost.net/eclipse.htm
check out this site though, this guy's 2ga is what got me hooked on celtic blue. It's clearly outdated now, but you might find some inspiration on here!

Will soon update my mod list, about to begin my 2.0 hx40 awd build so far i plan on
billet hx40
built 2.0 stock compression
gsc s2
ferrea stock size valves, ferrea valve locks
viton seals
bse
evo 9 oil filter housing, external oil cooler
ac delete
power steering line, plan on converting to -AN and tucking
aem cam gears
hks timing belt
not sure on injectors yet, i have 850s currently which will work for low boost
lsd rear end
tubular crossmember
built driveshaft
southbend clutch
more to come on this, waiting on my mechanic to pick up my motor to prep it for building

That's awesome man! But that color code trips me out... my color code is d9u. Yours looks more purple I think which is awesome. I am looking to upgrade mine now too. The 14b I had on it blew, oil coated the IC piping. I love that site..wish I could have got that GS-T. But I love my GSX.

I'm converting mine to awd right now, and i'm getting my motor rebuilt and i'm getting the engine bay painted by the same painter :hellyeah: i was really undecided at first but when my painter gave me a sample, it had the same effect on me; it tripped me out so i went ahead and got it painted. I personally see pink, but I can see purple when the blue is lit up but not directly shined on (shines pink when directly hit with some light) I'm getting rid of my 16g and getting a hx40 :D

I'm converting mine to awd right now, and i'm getting my motor rebuilt and i'm getting the engine bay painted by the same painter :hellyeah: i was really undecided at first but when my painter gave me a sample, it had the same effect on me; it tripped me out so i went ahead and got it painted. I personally see pink, but I can see purple when the blue is lit up but not directly shined on (shines pink when directly hit with some light) I'm getting rid of my 16g and getting a hx40 :D
Keep up that good work man! I really can't wait to find someone locally to repaint mine. Especially now since my quarter panel is all primed from when I removed a huge dent I had. I can't wait to see yours once it's all built up. Your car has inspired me to keep building mine. I just recently got rid of the stock exhaust manifold and 14b for a tubular manifold and big 16g.

This is very excellently done. The color contrast on everything is top notch. Everything ties together really nicely; the white gauges and Volks are absolutely fantastic. Have my 5 stars. Love the little details are like how clean and organized the spark plug wires are. THAT my friend is what makes a showcar.

This is very excellently done. The color contrast on everything is top notch. Everything ties together really nicely; the white gauges and Volks are absolutely fantastic. Have my 5 stars. Love the little details are like how clean and organized the spark plug wires are. THAT my friend is what makes a showcar.

I am very humbled by your praise, but I am more excited for you to see what is to come this April/May. Thank you though I have put a lot of time and money and thought into my build, and while the direction has changed a few times I'm glad I can see where my end product will be. Thank you again for the rating! I like some details of your engine bay too, I can't wait to start working on my bay after I get it painted.

Looks incredible with that paint! Really diggin the wheels as well. Very well put together :thumb:
Thanks so much! Cant wait to have it up and running again. Here is my awd donor car, plenty of frame damage so i dont feel bad about scrapping it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 128
Dropped my car off for engine bay paint, more updates coming this week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 133
Finally got my car out of paint! Time to get my motor assembled and installed, then it's time for the awd swap

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back