The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

D2 Coil over shock leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simpleman1

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2006
Seattle, Washington
I am not sure if there is a company out there that can rebuild my talon's front passenger shock. I called D2 and they don't sell replacement shock for my purple coil over RS kit. Any input or help is appreciated.

Did you ask them if their shocks are rebuildable, and if so if they would sell you the internal seals? If not, call them and ask.

I would call them and get more information on the issue.
Yes, I did everything that you guys suggested, before I posted here. They used to rebuild them back then, now, they only sell replacement for the black colored (2nd version). The purple are the first version I guess and they no longer support it, which is very disappointing. I love the coil overs, but I may have to replace them with good lowering springs with heavy duty shocks like bilstein if they even make shocks for the 1990 Talon. Thanks for the suggestion guys.

Well, if you have already done all that investigation and D2 won't do the work, won't tell you if the parts are readily available (i.e. standard parts found in other shock brands) to fix the leak, and you can't disassemble the shock and figure it out yourself, I can put you in touch with an adventurous suspension guy who might be interested in helping. PM me if you want his contact info.

Well, if you have already done all that investigation and D2 won't do the work, won't tell you if the parts are readily available (i.e. standard parts found in other shock brands) to fix the leak, and you can't disassemble the shock and figure it out yourself, I can put you in touch with an adventurous suspension guy who might be interested in helping. PM me if you want his contact info.

I am going to get it fixed by Feal Suspension (Support Vendor), talked to them and they rebuild a lot of different coil overs and shocks. Hopefully they are good as they say they are. Turn around time is 7-10 business days. I just have to drive my Evo X more while the Talon is waiting for the shock to get rebuilt.

Sooo disappointing... Feal Suspension cannot rebuild my D2 coil over, due to no more available parts. My next option now is to look for a new set of lowering springs / shocks combo that are excellent for DD and auto cross, I am done with coil overs. I have good ideas for a set up. Any with experience/d with good set up may chime in, thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back