1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

Current 15x8 +40ish Wheels

Posted by bastarddsm, Sep 24, 2018

Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    I'm thinking about making a move to full slicks, and I'm planning my moves, but I'm getting hung up on wheels. Anyone got any ideas on some reasonable 15x8 wheels in the +40 to +45 offset area that are not slip streams.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. b00stedtalon2

b00stedtalon2 Proven Member

Joined Dec 19, 2005
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    It's hard to beat the price of the slipstream in that size of wheel. There aren't many options out there. If you can deal with less offset, the Jegs 15x8 SSR's are $99 each.

Try doing an ebay search for used wheels in that size. You might come across some light jdm wheels (most are 7" though).

My DSM:

Drag Race Build

automatic
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

automatic
  3. bastarddsm

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Yeah that's what I've seen. :( sucks. f***in QTP's just don't want to work with an open center diff.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH
  4. bastarddsm

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    I wonder if I could mill the back side of the flange some and get more offset on them SSR's.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH
  5. donniekak

donniekak DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 23, 2008
    Surprise, Arizona
    Weld the diff.......

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
  6. 90laserRSfwd

90laserRSfwd Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2007
    Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
    Did you ever find anything? (wheel wise) The Jeg's wheels your talking about are on sale for $110 each (15x8, 5.5" back space, 5x4.5 bolt pattern)(part # 555-681277) Shipping weight is listed at 17.7lbs each. Not back to get into drag racing if you think about it. Get yourself a pair of M&H 26x8.5-15's and some open ended lug nuts from a non turbo 1g and you have a respectable FWD slick setup for around $700.. (throw 2 donuts on the back for free and your ready to roll (literally) haha...

Plus it's not the same slipstreams everyone else runs :D