The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

CTS-V brake caliper swap (Brembo)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_0ney_pit

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 12, 2007
Easton, Pennsylvania
The Cadillac CTS-V 4-pot brembo brake calipers are super cheap from the gmpartsdirect, currently about $140 each. These are factory brembo brake calipers that have the correct offset bolt center to center distance for a DSM which is 130mm. This is because the CTS-V is a sigma brake based platform.

The calipers are sized for 14" rotors so it seems the only challenge is finding an OEM rotor with the correct bolt pattern.

Does anyone know of a moderately priced 1-piece 14" brake rotor in the 114.3 x 5 bolt pattern.

All the 5-lug rotors in 14" I have been finding are 5x112 or 5x120.

That is an awesome find. Do you have any idea how these would perform with our stock master cylinder if rotors can be found?

are there any aftermarket once piece 14" rotors for DSM's?

that might be the best bet then

will these calipers bolt up with no mods?

14" will be a truck size brake rotor

Check with Power Slot
Just Released: The new Power Slot Plus big brake kit for Chevrolet and GMC full size trucks and SUVs! Power Slot's new big brake kit fits most 2000-later Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 1/2-ton pickups, plus 6-lug Escalade, Tahoe, Yukon, Denali and Suburban SUVs. Our 14-inch front rotor is over 15% larger than the original factory rotor. For more details, visit our Power Slot Plus page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you find a car with OEM rotors in that size, they're not neccesarily going to be cheap. V rotors run around $500 a set and they're pretty much at min thickness already, so you really can't generally have them turned.

What about getting somebody to make custom ones. They actually arent that bad as far as price.

I've also read you can have rotors redrilled for different lug patterns.

James :dsm::talon::laser:

you can try evo x rotors there 13.8" and they have the same offset as evo 8 rotors.

I emailed this rotor place online, im waiting for a response. I asked if they know of a stock or cheap aftermarket 14 inch rotor with a 5 lug 114.3 bolt pattern.

Just to let you know the evo rotors offset(little more toward the rims) is different than our dsm. I'm trying to do an evo X calipers swap with out the jdm knuckles currently. I might scratch this if the cts-v calipers is same location as the evo rotors or same as dsm.

Here is the question. With the cts-v calipers what offset is needed to make them fit? I know you need 35mm offset with evo rims. If these will fit with my 40mm rotas I am down.

Just to let you know the evo rotors offset(little more toward the rims) is different then our dsm. I'm trying to do an evo X calipers swap with out the jdm knuckles currently. I might scratch this if the cts-v calipers is same location as the evo rotors or same as dsm.

That wont work,
The evo 9 brakes dont fit the X.

The guy from online said c6/zo6 are 14 inch rotors. I forgot to ask about offset size. But the bolt pattern is the sand though. We may have a winner here.

CTS-V Install w/ pics - LS1 Performance Information

Here they used washers to take care of the offset.

LT1 s have attempted the swap we are considering and it was successful. Maybe bolt pattern of the C6 matches our 114.3 x 5 spacing.

I would consider evo X rotors the best option as they are inexpensive used and most likely have aftermarket stock sized slotted counterparts.

Only thing remaining is to determine amount of offset correction for the evo X rotors and ctsv calipers and this will most likely require some experimentation.

personally I wouldn't use off the shelf washers from a hardware store on my car for the brakes, properly machined 1 piece carbon steel spacers should be used. Maybe we can get a vendor to make these for us?

evo X uses 350mm rotors and ctsv uses 355mm rotors. I think this should work.

girodisc sells the evo X 1 pc slotted rotors for $270 shipped.

Anybody good with CAD that can put together a model of what this would look like?

Part number is 40206JL00A. They are 109 a piece and 14x 1.26 thick with a 4 piston fixed caliper.

Check this thread out.

CTS-V brembo calipers and ZO6 Rotors - LS1TECH

Z06 bolt pattern is 5x120mm... Strike 1... :ohdamn:

Yea, i guess the guy who was emailing me was wrong. The bolt pattern for a z06 is not 5x114.3 its 120.

Best thing i guess to do this is the 370z rotor. Which i have seen as cheap as 88 bucks online.

Im like days from buying new rotors all the way around, If we can get this together I would totally op for this, any info on the rear setup as well?

With 14 inch 4 piston brakes, you dont even need brakes in the back. LOL. But we need to get the nismo 14 inch rotors. Those are the only ones that 370z that used those rotors.

So, what we are looking at, is a few washers maybe to space the caliper, 2 05-08 CTSv calipers, 2 front 05-08 CTSv pads, and two front nismo 370z rotors.

Part numbers to order it all.

89047727 CTS-V Caliper - $130 ish
89047726 CTS-V Caliper $130 ish
25940447 CTS-V Front Brake Pad Set - $228.26
40206-JL-00A Nissan 370z Nismo rotors - $200 ish

Under 700 bucks, you have a $3000 brake package.

Will this fit the stock 17" wheels? My rotors are in horrible shape and so are my calipers. I'll be swapping out in the next 3-6 months so if they fit stock GSX 17", I'll try it out. I saw the calipers for $200 on ebay plus $200 for the front rotors. Telling the wife that I need new rotors ($100 and $80 for calipers) I can swing the extra $120 plus parts. Will this interfere with the ABS?

d

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back