The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

crankshaft timing sprocket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoYo_4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
Carolina, Puerto_Rico
So i loose the bolt, how now i remove the crank timing sprocket? With a prybar?

I did the drill method to the oil pump and no leak there. Anyway i've changed the crank and cams seals, let's see how it goes.. thanks all for thr help

Leaks can be pesky. Are your balance shafts eliminated? If so, I know a lot of people have issues with the balance shaft idler pulley hole leaking. Some rtv usually helps in that area

Leaks can be pesky. Are your balance shafts eliminated? If so, I know a lot of people have issues with the balance shaft idler pulley hole leaking. Some rtv usually helps in that area

Wasn't from there, was from the crank seal:cool:

Btw. Tq. the crank bolt was a pita, until i getto fab a bar with a 1x1 square tubing. Now is fine torqued at 80

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next time just put the car on the ground, put it in gear and torque that crank bolt. This does NOT work for taking it off as you're turning CCW then and you risk turning the motor slightly CCW which isn't a good idea. If anybody thinks this is hard on the transmission just think about what 400ft lbs does compared to the 100+ you're doing to tighten that bolt.

Next time just put the car on the ground, put it in gear and torque that crank bolt. This does NOT work for taking it off as you're turning CCW then and you risk turning the motor slightly CCW which isn't a good idea. If anybody thinks this is hard on the transmission just think about what 400ft lbs does compared to the 100+ you're doing to tighten that bolt.

Turning a motor CCW is a bad idea? I thought you were supposed to rotate the motor CCW when doing the timing belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back