The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Crank walk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rk3

Probationary Member
Dec 22, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Ok guys I had a 1g talon tsi awd for awhile so I'm not new to dsm's or this forum(posted a couple times but never really had a reason to post much) but I'm looking into a 98 eclipse Gst that is bone stock but I'm worried about this thing I've heard of called crank walk. How common is this, is there any proven way to prevent it besides a 6 bolt swap? Does upgrading the motor make it more likely to happen? Any info you guys can give me would be great I tried searching on the forum but couldn't find much info any help would be great thanks guys
-Ralph

There is a crap ton of threads on here about crank walk. I literally just answered one. It's not as common as people make it out to be with the amount of dsm's out there in relation to members on here posting it.

Just need to measure the endplay to verify wear.

There are a multitude of theorys out there but nothing proven on what causes or fixes it.

Do some searching and reading. Google is your friend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back