The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Crank Case Pressure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

force_feed

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 31, 2008
Katy, Texas
I had a car come to me to diagnoses a problem!

I know that the dip stick popping out is a common problem with DSM's, mainly under boost. The car I'm working on does it while the car is sitting in my drive way and reving it to about 5k.

When I pull the dip stick while its idling, steam will come out of the tube. I've replaced the PVC valve.

A little back ground on the car. The owner told me he rebuilt head (decked .060!!!!!) with a Cometic head gasket. Thats when the problem started.

Any ideas? I'm thinking the head gasket and/or the head is the problem.

To use a MLS headgasket the block's deck needs to be perfectly flat with no imperfections as well as the surface of the head. I recommend pulling the head and checking both mating surfaces with a flat edge and feeler gauges.

i would agree with bad piston rings i just made it back from iowa to new york and at 900 miles into the trip my engine broke my oil cap off and ate some of it...LOL...well babied her home the last 100 miles:banghead:but i made it and went to start it today and nothing clean oil and anti freeze catch can clear but i would definately say the rings.

How about if you start with the obvious, easiest problem: your dipstick's O ring is used up. Either replace the ring, or get a whole new dipstick from one of the Graveyards.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back