The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

could you take a look

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akdov823

Proven Member
Sep 20, 2014
feeding hills, Massachusetts
so like my first post said this is my first dsm in 12 years. my first one was when i was 16 so i didnt do anything right and most my parts came from ebay. i want to do it right this time around and this is the car i plan to start with. if you could take a quick look at that mod list and a picture of the motor and let me know if any thing sticks out...good or bad.
- slowboy built long block stage 3
- stage 5 head(the way he explained it i'm assuming its also slowboy,although i dont see that option on there site)
-shep stage 3 tranny
-pte 6152 turbo has been runing 28 psi
-255 fuel pump
-850cc injectors
- its tuned on dsm link

hes says the tune is showing 0 counts of knock and over all it is supposed to be a very solid car.

Attachments

• engine bay.jpg
    engine bay.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 86
also the plans for the car are mostly test and tune nights at the strip, cruise nights and just weekend cruises here and there. i'll repaint it over the winter, just a clean, low high 11 second car

Looks kind of sloppy. The lack of a dump pipe on the wastegate is bad. It looks like it is dumping right on the alternator and oil line for the turbo. I would assume that the wiring for that is toast. The turboxs rfl bov is a bad quality part. They are known to leak. The wiring all over looks to need some work. I would expect to have to do some work and maintenance judging by the overall look of the engine bay.

I would tuck the home made boost controller and the coil packs. Having the BC routed like that looks sloppy. Sorta looks like the car was thrown together in a night. With a bit of TLC though it has some real potential though.

i love fabbing nice little brackets that no one ever really notices but i know they took 10 hours. so i'm ok with cleaning things up, what worries me is the guy who didnt care enough to do it off the bat.

Like bryanwheat said, make a dump pipe for that wastegate and at least fix that 2 inch long screw for the BOV and make sure those O-rings don't leak. Also I would move the MAF further from the turbo as it is not good for it to be so close, throws of the reading. You will gain more hp by moving it.

i'm literally making a to do list out of this thread that will be on the wall of my garage getting checked off all winter. so i appreciate the input[DOUBLEPOST=1411474220][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm going to order a dump pipe, blow off valve and manual boost controller now. Are the dump pipes measured by the inside diameter of the port? And van you tell by the picture what blowoff valve will work?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back