The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Coolant Temp Sensor Corroded

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackStieben

Proven Member
Feb 11, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
I replaced the coolant temperature sensors that go to the ecu and the gauge about a year ago. yesterday my car started over heating, and I noticed my sensors were both and blackish blue/green where it was originally the brass color. I have no external coolant leaks, my t stat is relatively new (stant 180*), and I have enough coolant in the system. What would cause the sensors to corrode so much in less than a year?

They're from AutoZone, but I mixed water from the garden hose with antifreeze. Should I be using distilled water in the gallon jugs or is the hose fine? I still have my sensors receipt so I'm going to see if I can get them replaced for free.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back