Clutches: Fidanza vs ACT

Posted by berney97rs, Feb 14, 2011
Newbie Thread Graveyard - Repetitive questions already answered in the FAQ Forum, Tech Articles, other New Member required reading, VFAQ.com, etc. This is a read-only forum. If your thread ends up here, you didn't do the required reading.

1. berney97rs

berney97rs Probationary Member

Windsor, Missouri
    I'm about to upgrade my clutch and flywheel and have been doing a lot of reading on here and everyone either says ACT or Fidanza. One thing in mind though is that I have found the threads about the ACT failures. I went on to read however that it was mainly on the awd's and how in most cases it was most likely caused by missing bolt sleeves in the bell housing mounting procedure. The Fidanza kit also seems to be relatively cheaper than the ACT, not sure if that is due to quality or not??? I'm just looking for some opinions and any good information on the two.

Thanks,
    Travis :thumb:
  2. AlphaVision

AlphaVision Proven Member

DSM Profiles:
    Sofia, Europe
    Personally I would combine Fidanza flywheel with ACT ClutCh and PP. I used to have Fidanza flywheel before the AWD swap and felt very nice. Then I got ACT flywheel which came out to be a little bent and had to grind and balance it.
  3. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Anywhere, Pennsylvania
  4. cliffkemp

cliffkemp Proven Member

carrollton, Georgia
    I have a fidanza clutch in my car and is great. I have not had the first issue with it and never have on my other car that I also, have one in. I have not had an ACT clutch before and could not tell you anything about it but, the fidanza clutches that I have had, they have been excellent.