The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch Too Aggressive? Here's a way to calm it down, requires a little fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just adding a link to the in-line clutch hit controller i'm currently experimenting with .... http://grannys.tripod.com/hitmaster.html

Couple weekends ago I was testing a Ram dual friction disc in my rwd shop mule with this hit controller. Just fired the car up, drove a couple miles to put a little heat in the oil, then stopped for a test launch. Drag radials were cold, no burnout at all. The surface was chip seal on a random county road. I set it off at 4900rpm, result was dead hook with a max G reading of 1.22 :)

Grant

Here's a link to an in depth article in racepagesdigital on my original ClutchTamer. The article includes some reviews from racers NMRA's Coyote Stock and Factory Stock classes, the unit I sell them is pretty much the same setup as the DIY version that this thread is about...
https://www.racepagesdigital.com/ta...zSyr9esqDFDyVmYWZxM2LDBvocnrGsKmbiUHSYKYh3ZuU

For a power adder car though, my new Hitmaster system turned out to be quite a bit better than my old school ClutchTamer. The Hitmaster valve itself only controls the hit intensity, and a separate timer is used to control hit duration. If you use the line lock button to trigger the timer, the system is active on launch only. If you use a clutch switch, the system is active on launch + shifts. My personal car has 2 timers, one that is triggered by the line lock switch, and one that is triggered by a binary clutch pressure switch plumbed into the master cylinder side of the Hitmaster valve. Dual timers enable having a longer timer setting for launch and separately adjustable setting for the shifts. The timers can be set all the way down to .01sec. On zero prep surfaces I have the launch timer set at around 1.50sec, shift timer set at 0.55sec. Works especially well with a power adder as you still get an instant soft hit, but then full clutch clamp pressure is available as soon as the timer times out which prevents the clutch from slipping any longer than it needs to. Since the system is controlled electrically, you can easily turn the system off for burnouts or casual driving.

Grant

clutchtamer.com says blocked for malware by my company firewall. Not common that I see that surfing around, so it is probably worth looking into and doing a security audit of your server. DM me if you need guidance on doing that.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back